• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Former ST Editor wonders why CNA chose to throw hundreds of thousands of taxpayers' money into the documentary Walk The Line

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Leslie Yin Leong Fong

Recently, CNA, our publicly-funded broadcaster, produced and aired Walk The Line, a documentary about the plight of hundreds if not thousands of Chinese trying to sneak across the southern borders of the United States.

It must have cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to send a team of journalists, cameramen and technical support staff as well as a "minder" from a security company in Britain all the way to Central America to follow the would-be illegal immigrants on their trek through jungles and inhospitable terrain.

I shall not comment on quality of the documentary. But I would say this -- it cannot but prompt its viewers to conclude that China must be such a suffocating country as to drive so many of its citizens to risk their everything to escape to America.

And I do wonder why CNA chose to throw so much of taxpayers' money into this project when there are lots of subjects closer to home and of greater relevance to the lives of Singaporeans to explore.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If those Chinese guys cannot speak English, they will. Regret moving to the US l. End up living in Chinatown doing dishes.