• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG families becoming more dysfunctional - Power!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - SG families becoming more dysfunctional</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:17 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 5) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18841.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>'Obsessive lover' gets jail for threats
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD>Tan, spurned by ex-girlfriend, threatened to jump from her flat with her daughter </TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Author --></TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Elena Chong & Kimberly Spykerman
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
b7-1.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Tan Tow Kwang was said to be an obsessive lover who got angry whenever his advances were spurned. -- ST FILE PHOTO
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IN RETALIATION for his girlfriend wanting to end their relationship, Tan Tow Kwang threatened to jump from her flat and take the woman's daughter with him.
The 32-year-old former senior operations executive also used his car to ram her vehicle repeatedly at a multi-storey carpark near her home.
Yesterday, Tan was jailed for nine months on two counts of criminal intimidation, and one each of committing a rash act and causing hurt to his former partner, a 38-year-old marketing executive.
The offences occurred between March and May this year.
The court heard last week that the woman, who has a six-year-old daughter, was at her flat in Punggol on March 3, when Tan sent her two text messages threatening to jump out of the flat with her daughter as he was unhappy that she had decided to end their relationship.
A month later, Tan followed her into a carpark and got into an argument with her when she alighted. He then reversed his car into her stationary vehicle repeatedly while the victim and her daughter stood next to it, endangering their safety.
While he was out on bail in May, he rang up the victim and uttered words in Hokkien, threatening her with injury.
His lawyer, Mr Kertar Singh, said his client, now unemployed, met the victim through a sex forum website in the middle of last year. He sought her services and after a few occasions, she told him she was a divorcee with a five-year-old daughter, and that her husband had abandoned her for a Chinese national. She had freelanced as a prostitute to provide for her daughter and aged mother, he said.
Mr Singh said his client fell in love with the victim. He gave her a lot of money and even proposed to her. Even though they quarrelled frequently over money matters, the lawyer said Tan's love for her was deep and intense.
The prosecution yesterday told the court that the woman gave up being a prostitute in 2006 after being caught by anti-vice officers.

=> If she's a PRC?

Two other charges of criminal intimidation were considered during Tan's sentencing.
When contacted yesterday, the woman claimed she was never a prostitute. She said she did not ask persistently for money from him.
Tan insisted on giving her $550 each month for her daughter's school fees and that lasted for only two months before he lost his job, she said.
'Why do I need his money? I got to know him only in June last year. I survived well before that without him,' she said.
The woman said he was an obsessive lover, who got angry whenever she spurned his advances.
He would come to her house at night and cause a ruckus if she ignored his calls or failed to reply his messages. 'He wouldn't let me break up with him. I was scared and I didn't have a choice... It was for my own safety and my daughter's that I did not break up with him,' she said.

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>