• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sexy beer promo in heartland draws flak

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,200259,00.html?

Sexy beer promo in heartland draws flak
Beer company says planned games are in spirit of Songkran, but one Thai scoffs at reason
By Elysa Chen

April 28, 2009

NP_IMAGES_ECTHAI.jpg

TAKING AIM: The four Thai women (from above), Miss Saranya Sriphoet, Miss Sureerat Sribaan, Miss Rojana Luanmueang and Miss Pawita Preecha, will visit 13 coffee shops from tomorrow. PICTURES: SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS

THESE babes want to get wet and wild in the heartland.

Four Thai hotties are inviting Singapore beer drinkers to play games, including some cheeky ones.

One proposed game involves participants shooting water from water pistols into a cup which will be held between the women's thighs.

From tomorrow to Saturday, the women will be visiting 13 coffee shops to play games with patrons to promote Chang beer, reported Shin Min Daily News.

The women, who are in their 20s, will be clad in hot pants, tank tops and boots for their coffee shop appearances.

However, they will not drink with customers.

Hard to swallow

But will such a promotion go down well with Singaporeans in the heartland?

School clerk Ong Chui Tay, 40, a mother of three, told The New Paper: 'I definitely disapprove of this kind of promotion.'

On Thursday, the women will make an appearance at the S-11 coffee shop at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, near where Madam Ong lives.

She added: 'What would my children think when they see drinkers playing these suggestive games? I wish they would not hold the promotion at the coffee shop near my place.'

NP_IMAGES_ECTHAI1.jpg

Miss Pamela Seet, 24, a human resources executive felt that such a promotion was 'demeaning' to the women.

She said: 'It's really cheap and tasteless, but I guess the branding and promotions team has decided that this marketing strategy works for the particular demographic that they want to appeal to.'

Mr K M Chiang, 30, who is unemployed, felt that the publicity stunt was 'stupid'.

He said: 'Having men shoot water from water guns onto the girls' legs... what kind of publicity is that? It's ridiculous. How does that promote drinking beer?

NP_IMAGES_ECTHAI2.jpg

'There are many other ways to promote beer, why do they have to choose such a method of publicity?'

A spokesman for Chang Beer told Shin Min Daily News that the game was not to focus on the women's sex appeal. Instead, they wanted to bring the spirit of the Songkran Festival, celebrated during the Thai New Year, to Singapore.

During the festival, which is celebrated in April, people traditionally splash water at one another.

However, that reason cut no ice with cabby Thomas Woo, 59, who felt that it was an 'unconvincing excuse'.

Speaking in Mandarin, Mr Woo said: 'I'm more conservative. That's why I think that no matter what they say, it is still a little too explicit.

NP_IMAGES_ECTHAI3.jpg

'If they wanted to celebrate the Songkran Festival, they could choose a less sensitive area for people to shoot at, or a less suggestive game.'

Miss Somsri Duang Duean, 34, a Thai stall assistant at a coffee shop here, was also displeased when she heard of the promotion.

She said: 'I think it's okay for Thais to come to Singapore to do decent work, but I don't like it when I hear about such activities.

'Even if it means better business for my stall, I don't want such promotions at the coffee shop where I work.

'Shooting water from pistols into cups which are held between women's legs is not the way we celebrate the Songkran Festival back home.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTHER PROMOTIONS

Bikini babes and deities

Bikini Beer Girls

In a Tiger Beer promotion in 2002, models had to sport tiger-print bikinis, sexy tattoos and colourful wigs.

Fortune God

In 2005, Tiger Beer also hired people to dress as the God of Fortune to add to the festivities during Chinese New Year. The God of Fortune could be spotted at a Tiger Beer booth at the junction of Trengganu Street and Smith street, from 7 to 11pm that year.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Shooting water from pistols into cups which are held between women's legs is not the way we celebrate the Songkran Festival back home.'

I agree, it is usually the pistols shooting 'milkshakes' between the women's legs...and that we don't need a festival...(:- heh heh heh

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... From tomorrow to Saturday, the women will be visiting 13 coffee shops to play games with patrons to promote Chang beer, reported Shin Min Daily News. ...
any1 noes ...

which r ze lucky 13 kopitiam, huh? ... :biggrin:

... Mr K M Chiang, 30, who is unemployed, felt that the publicity stunt was 'stupid'.

He said: 'Having men shoot water from water guns onto the girls' legs... what kind of publicity is that? It's ridiculous. How does that promote drinking beer?
ah chiang, ah ...

u dun want 2 shoot water? ... so, wat u want 2 shoot? ... :biggrin:

Last edited:

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
why HDB aunties KPKB.

they vote for PAP for sex programme, it could be worse.

66% is happy about it, ask the voide deck uncles, they will tell you they cum when the thai chicks smile at them.

lets support this kind of programme --courtesy of PAP, see see ok what, cn touch even better, , no see , they are gone, sayang !

Thank you PAP , somemore please, more daring one....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Take a real look at these Thai women.. These are called women. And that is the meaning of HOT.

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
was at one of the kopitiams to catch the chiobus...thanks to auntie sch clerk's concern about the impression her kids will get...there's no water pistol shooting game...hope auntie sch clerk banned her kids from watching spongebob...bananas in pyjamas...barney...teletubbies...bert and ernie...and superman...dun want her easily influenced kids to turn into gays or fly out of the window with a blanket as a cape...

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice marketing idea. Sex sells on top of everything as always, including foul-tasting intoxicants but I'm sure everybody knows this already by now.

"School clerk Ong Chui Tay, 40, a mother of three, told The New Paper: 'I definitely disapprove of this kind of promotion.'"

Why ask a conservative stick-in-the-m&d Asian for her views? It isn't necessary and she's a killjoy that's for sure. We shouldn't be surprised if her husband cheated on her, she being so chink and boring and all.

"Mr K M Chiang, 30, who is unemployed, felt that the publicity stunt was 'stupid'.

He said: 'Having men shoot water from water guns onto the girls' legs... what kind of publicity is that? It's ridiculous. How does that promote drinking beer?"

Nah he's the stupid one. Stupid and sour too because he has no disposable income in his pockets to join in the fun and games.

Oh yes, that does. Fun and sexy games promote beer sales in more ways than you can ever imagine. Now stop insulting our intelligence and shoo.

"Miss Pamela Seet, 24, a human resources executive felt that such a promotion was 'demeaning' to the women.

She said: 'It's really cheap and tasteless, but I guess the branding and promotions team has decided that this marketing strategy works for the particular demographic that they want to appeal to.'"

Not at all. It's only because you weren't pretty at all (much less enough), let alone being as pretty as the girls, to be picked by the beer company for such an event.

Very disappointing all in all. All the chinks and the not-pretty Thai assistant (who got sour because she wasn't picked) are defensive, insecure and display non-existent intelligence in their counter arguments towards the beer company's stunts.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah so powderful one hor...just like when the cat18/21 films were not allowed to be shown in the HDB heartlands...the attack of the Shin Min groupies:eek::biggrin:
was at one of the kopitiams to catch the chiobus...thanks to auntie sch clerk's concern about the impression her kids will get...there's no water pistol shooting game...hope auntie sch clerk banned her kids from watching spongebob...bananas in pyjamas...barney...teletubbies...bert and ernie...and superman...dun want her easily influenced kids to turn into gays or fly out of the window with a blanket as a cape...