• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

See now people wonder about mega church

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - See now people wonder about mega church</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">papsamleong <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">Mar-12 6:03 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 21) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>9040.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Home > ST Forum > Online Story
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : start --></TD></TR><TR><TD>$19m church collection raises questions on nature of complex
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to yesterday's report, 'Church collects $19m in one day for lifestyle hub'.
When I voiced my concerns last September, the JTC Corporation replied that the complex would not be a religious building. But, from the latest report, it is very clear that the church is building the complex for its own use, and it is not purely a commercial venture.
From the various interviews given by church members, they would like this building to be dedicated to and used for their religion.
I had voiced concerns about the possible monopoly of the complex by a single religious organisation when it is supposed to be for all Singaporeans' civic and cultural needs.
As the church is funding its part of the complex, it may not open the theatre for use by other organisations. Other religious, civic and cultural groups may be excluded from using the 5,000-seat theatre as it is only for New Creation Church's Sunday services.
I had suggested that the complex be managed by a religiously neutral party, as with the Singapore Expo, so that Singaporeans, regardless of affliation, can ultilise the facility.�
I hope that the plans for the complex will be re-assessed and that when completed, it will be for all Singaporeans, not just a single religious organisation. Lester Lam

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
that structure is going to cost NCC at least 650 million. raising 19 million is raising 3% of the funds required. I wonder how long the members can fork out 19 million. It is not going to even cover interest for one year. I am looking to see Mr Prince's hair turn white soon. Then he will really look like Moses.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
that structure is going to cost NCC at least 650 million. raising 19 million is raising 3% of the funds required. I wonder how long the members can fork out 19 million. It is not going to even cover interest for one year. I am looking to see Mr Prince's hair turn white soon. Then he will really look like Moses.

previously NCC's share is $280M, Capitaland is $380M, total $660M.

now they pumping in $220M more to make it $500M.

http://www.newcreation.org.sg/aboutus/media_coverage/media-responses.htm#m3