• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Schwarzenegger's Knife: 'It was just for fun'

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Lifestyle/Story/STIStory_406918.html

'It was just for fun'

Arnold-Reuters.jpg

Mr Schwarzenegger defended a video which shows him brandishing a huge hunting knife as he talks about the state's budget crisis. -- PHOTO: REUTERS

LOS ANGELES - CALIFORNIA Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wednesday defended a video on his Twitter page which shows him brandishing a huge hunting knife as he talks about the state's budget crisis.

Schwarzenegger, under fire for a budget plan announced this week that will see US$15 billion (S$21.6 billion) in spending cuts from services such as education and health care, said the light-hearted video was intended as a bit of fun.

The movie-star-turned-politician brushed off suggestions from reporters in Sacramento that the video might be viewed by some as being insensitive.

'You know, you sent a governor to Sacramento - not El Stiffo, like some of the past were, but you sent someone that is a little bit more entertaining and has a little bit more fun with the whole thing,' Schwarzenegger said.

'Not that I have fun with making the cuts; they sadden me. But fun with the job itself, because I think it is the most rewarding job that I've ever done, even though with a huge responsibility. So just relax and have a little bit of a sense of humour.'

California lawmakers are set to approve the spendings at a vote on Thursday which will pass a budget aimed at closing the state's US$26.3 billion deficit. -- AFP