• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Salute to our Female Climbers

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
small_jane.jpg

small_esther.jpg

small_joanne.jpg

small_lihui.jpg

small_pehgee.jpg

sm_yihui.jpg

They should be at on their way to Everest Base Camp right about now. Gambateh!

http://www.womenoneverest.com/index.html

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHEY! Have not reached summit u salute.

Later really reached, our 154th will SPIN and SPIN until u sianz to read also.

BTW, these char bos really free ah. No need to work ah. People all trying hard to find jobs, they eng eng go and climb mountains.

Are they working/ Got jobs? If so companies in this crisis can give them so much time to climb like monkeys ah?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do they know what are they getting themselves into??

i hope they bring enough money to bribe the sheperd to push their backside up the everest. i hope they come back with their 10 toes and 10 fingers intact.

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, climbling Everest has become very commercialized and touristy. If climbers join a commercial expedition, they have a personal Sherpa guide to lead them up and down the mountain. These Sherpas are also the unsung heros who recce up Everest before the climb officially starts to lay and repair lines.

So if these Singkee women make it to the top, congrats to them. I kowtow to their discipline, training and fitness. However, it is no longer the earth shaking event like when Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing first did it. Hope our 154 don't get carried away with the trumpet blowing. We don't need female mutations of Khoo Swee Chiow

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays, climbling Everest has become very commercialized and touristy. If climbers join a commercial expedition, they have a personal Sherpa guide to lead them up and down the mountain. These Sherpas are also the unsung heros who recce up Everest before the climb officially starts to lay and repair lines.

So if these Singkee women make it to the top, congrats to them. I kowtow to their discipline, training and fitness. However, it is no longer the earth shaking event like when Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing first did it. Hope our 154 don't get carried away with the trumpet blowing. We don't need female mutations of Khoo Swee Chiow
before we get carried away - how many of them are 100% singaporeans? How many FTs? Are we getting the case of Olympic silver medal again? If so, sorry, I won't salute.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think it is very hard

also, depend on the weather.

it is extremely dangerous to reach the summit, they have certain amount of time to go up and back to base camp. If you are too slow, you die. If you are unlucky and weather change, you die. If you make mistake, you die. due to lack of oxygen, it is easy to make mistake.

they can carry a small amount of oxygen which give them 2% percentage more oxygen, but still little compare to gnd level, they can turn blue because of lack of oxygen.

of course, there is frost bite, which turn their toes into black hedious stuff.

very very tough. It also cost a bomb per person.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
an ang mo friend asked me if there were body guards? if climbed half way, how could they defense themselves if there were preverts to rape them there?

Tuna Singh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw on tv one of them talking about bringing local foodstuff there so that they won't get bored with nepalese cuisine..........she should have been worried about coming back to sg in one piece/alive

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is singapore pools taking bets?

like can they make it to summit?

will they come back without frost bites?

will they die there?

take bets take bets.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If i did not hear wrongly - in today's taiwan news, there is a taiwan lady who is attempting to scale all 7 peaks - one in each continent - to make a world record - thats something worth saluting.

a bunch of women scale mt everst - haven't even reach want us to salute? If they decide to climb naked up there, i salute them...even my little bro will salute them...hee. :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CHEY! Have not reached summit u salute.

Later really reached, our 154th will SPIN and SPIN until u sianz to read also.

BTW, these char bos really free ah. No need to work ah. People all trying hard to find jobs, they eng eng go and climb mountains.

Are they working/ Got jobs? If so companies in this crisis can give them so much time to climb like monkeys ah?

I just want to climb those peaks...maybe around 10cm in height that's all, anything above that... is an excess...and plunge into the valley of dark & mysterious delights...:biggrin: nah! Everest no for me!.. Mounds Venus...yah!:biggrin:

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
454615724-singapore-8217-s-all-8212-women-team-successfully-summit-mt.jpg

The Singapore NATAS SWET Everest team have made it, reaching the summit of the world’s tallest mountain, 8,850 metres above sea level.

Lee Li Hui, 27, Esther Tan, 26, and Jane Lee, 25, stepped on the top of the world at 3.45am, 3.54am and 4.43am Wednesday Nepal time respectively, making the team the first Singaporean women to reach the world’s tallest mountain.

The second summit team are currently on the way from Camp 2 to Camp 3 and they plan to go for the summit on 22 May.

When told of the successful summit, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, and patron of the team’s expedition, said: "This is another historic achievement for Singapore. I am very proud of what our Singapore Women’s Everest team has accomplished.

"It takes courage, determination and excellent leadership and teamwork to scale the world’s highest peak. They have once again demonstrated what our people can do against all odds when we set our minds to it.

"This is the spirit of Singapore. I hope it will inspire many more Singaporeans to go forth and pursue their passions and achieve their goals."

You Gals made us proud!

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
why they no show photo of the sherpas who carry the barung barung for these gals..:biggrin::cool:

the sherpas dun even need oxygen tank u know.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they did a good job, one team of 3 already reach summit, all they need is to go down safety and team 2 to go up summit.

good jobs.