• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF throwing $ away to OZ !

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - SAF throwing $ away to OZ !

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
To: ALL <NOBR></NOBR>(1 of 1)

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
[h=2]Military keep rates low[/h]Adrian Taylor | 24th January 2012

ROK210911cantonov8_fct1008x620_t325.JPG
An Antanov 124 heavy lift aircraft brings four helicopters to Rockhampton from Singapore for last year's Exercise Wallaby training. The annual exercises are a major economic boost to the region says Mayor Brad Carter.
Chris Ison

SINGAPORE'S armed forces are paying $1 million a year to store military equipment at Rockhampton Airport.
The tiny state, which each year sends thousands of troops to the city for training exercises, has agreed to a 192% hike in the fees it pays to the regional council to lease a compound at the airport.
Mayor Brad Carter said yesterday revenue from the airport's various commercial activities was helping to keep rates down.
"This is another good example of the commercial value of Rockhampton's military ties," he said.
"With the annual Singaporean exercises spread over three or four months, the benefit to the council and the business economy is plain to see.
"The troops are here for a long time and they spend a lot of money here.
"Each year the economic impact of the link increases."
He said that there were no adverse impacts from having foreign troops in the city for an extended period and the cultural ties were also growing.
The airport is expected to boost the council's income by $4 million this year with the Singaporean lease and paid parking each contributing about $1 million.
The rest comes from landing fees and other commercial activities such as the leasing of franchises within the terminal.
Cr Carter said revenue from the airport went into the council's general revenue fund but it could be earmarked for specific projects so ratepayers could more clearly see the financial benefits.
In previous years Primary Industry (Queensland), which leases the storage compound on behalf of Singapore, paid a lower fee to reflect its capital investment in buildings on the site.
The initial low-lease period expired this year and it is being charged the full commercial value of the lease.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, the gov throwing $ away to educate someone who cannot even copy and paste properly.

jiakhongleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
News like this are good for FTs to bring in more of their kind to replace Sinkies. What a waste of time, resources and tax payers money to train unwilling citizen soldiers. Till today useless PAP still stubborn to scrap conscript NS. Come GE2016 will change all that.

Show how poor Western countries are.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's money well spent. Training space is limited in Singapore and these sorts of opportunities are priceless.

When it comes to investing in the safety and security of Singapore, the amount is minuscule compared to the cost of letting your guard down and paying the consequences.

I would like to thank the government for their foresight.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
can't help por lump pah to PAP, must have been intimidated by Leegime these days!

It's money well spent. Training space is limited in Singapore and these sorts of opportunities are priceless.

When it comes to investing in the safety and security of Singapore, the amount is minuscule compared to the cost of letting your guard down and paying the consequences.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very well said indeed. It means Singapore has "something" to protect themselves from the south (Australia), something from the east (Brunei) and something from the north (Thailand) should something happens to Singapore like in Kuwait in 1990.

Some of these detractors here simply can't see the big picture or the long term goals or strategies. They have to leave it to the enlightened government.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

yeah yeah.
but i have heard others are saying that what if indoneasia and malaysia were to block the strait of malacca and stop export/import to/from singapore ,
what can singapore do ?
or they can impose a very high toll fee for using the strait , what can singapore do ?
can we start war ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very well said indeed. It means Singapore has "something" to protect themselves from the south (Australia), something from the east (Brunei) and something from the north (Thailand) should something happens to Singapore like in Kuwait in 1990.

Some of these detractors here simply can't see the big picture or the long term goals or strategies. They have to leave it to the enlightened government.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/0530/1224298057349.html

Yup. Billions of dollars lost = Strategic investment. Only for Temasek. Only in Singapore.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You think all NS men will fight for Sinkapoor if one day a hostile country attacks us..??? I for one will not bother to lay down my life protecting your PAP masters, the Foreign thrash and loyal PAP lackeys like You..!!! You want to fight defending your PAP masters, then by all means go ahead..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You think all NS men will fight for Sinkapoor if one day a hostile country attacks us..??? I for one will not bother to lay down my life protecting your PAP masters, the Foreign thrash and loyal PAP lackeys like You..!!! You want to fight defending your PAP masters, then by all means go ahead..

If I fight to defend the country, it isn't to defend any political figures. It's to defend my property, my family, my friends and their families and my way of life.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
in my opinion, it is way over the top to spend this kind of money. seriously, how many of the ns men are trained? remember the case where our commando (supposed to be the best unit in sg) was shot by some farmer in thailand?

i shall post this question only to those who had served ns. these are the questions that we always fill in at the end of our reservist. 'are you confident of going into war?' and also ' are you confident of the commanders that lead you into war?'