• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF regular serviceman collapses and dies after 3km run

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: A Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) regular serviceman, Master Warrant Officer (MWO) P. Jegathesan, collapsed at about 8.30am on Friday after completing a 3km mass run at the SAFTI Military Institute Sports Complex.

The 45-year-old MWO Jegathesan was taking part in the SAF Commanders' Sports Day where various cohesion activities were organised.

He was the Chief Warrant Officer of the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) Air Combat Command's transport group.

MWO Jegathesan was immediately evacuated to the SAFTI Military Institute Medical Centre where the doctors tried to resuscitate him. He was sent to the National University Hospital (NUH) at 8.45am and arrived at about 9.15am. Two SAF doctors and a medic continued their attempts to resuscitate him en route to the hospital. MWO Jegathesan was pronounced dead at 9.49am at NUH.

The Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) and the SAF extend their deepest condolences to the family of the late MWO Jegathesan. MINDEF will assist the family in their time of grief and is investigating the incident.

- CNA

Dogtracker

Alfrescian
Loyal
30 years ago, we had 5 to 10 kilometers runs which included full combat gear minus full packs on a regular basis without ever hearing of a man collapsing let alone dying. What the hell is wrong with the SAF today? What I did remember was that runs were never conducted in the full heat of midday!

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking hell, last time we drink sandy water from Area A, B, C, D, E olso nothing wrong and still can clock below 9 mins for 2.414km, must be the new water.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
30 years ago, we had 5 to 10 kilometers runs which included full combat gear minus full packs on a regular basis without ever hearing of a man collapsing let alone dying. What the hell is wrong with the SAF today? What I did remember was that runs were never conducted in the full heat of midday!

30 years ago you guys were all 18, and the dead man's 15. You don't see many over-40s run along with you youngsters back then for such a long stretch do you?

Now you all are in your 40s, and the dead man is about the same as you guys?

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the dead man is 18 or 19 then of course you people can argue. But the ah pek is now in his 40s like you guys.

Do any if not many of you guys still run 3 km now at this age of yours?

Dogtracker

Alfrescian
Loyal

30 years ago you guys were all 18, and the dead man's 15. You don't see many over-40s run along with you youngsters back then for such a long stretch do you?

Now you all are in your 40s, and the dead man is about the same as you guys?

You are not being fair to all the regular NCOs who can still keep up with the best of them! When I was doing 10 km runs when I was in my 20's these NCOs were the ones who pushed me to complete it. And they were running back and forth from the front and to the rear and back to the front again, Perhaps you had forgotten that.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not being fair to all the regular NCOs who can still keep up with the best of them! When I was doing 10 km runs when I was in my 20's these NCOs were the ones who pushed me to complete it. And they were running back and forth from the front and to the rear and back to the front again, Perhaps you had forgotten that.

Oh okay, you can say what you like. I won't bother.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
th_1-3.jpg

U donch kar cheow me with such peanut matter. I'm bz welcuming FTs, OK? *chey*

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>Another mindef swine bites the dust.
>>>good riddance to bad rubbish.

agreed. less of taxpayers money being wasted on these chiak liao bis.

Z

Zombie

30 years ago, no newspapers? or fully censored?

Only if you would care to run to the nearest canteen to queue up an hour for the public phone to call reporters, but first you must find the telephone books. :biggrin:

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never heard of another Indian man named Jegathesan until now. If you recalled during the 60s we had a man named M Jegathesan who switched side to Malaysia and won the 100m Asian games beating C Kunalan.