• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF doctor son commited suicide as he feel guilty about dad crimes in killing NS slav

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dad couldn't pull plug on son
Sun, Nov 23, 2008
The Straits Times

When his 18-year-old son met with a road accident in the United States in 1983 and went into a coma, American doctors advised Dr Tan (not his real name) to 'let your son go'.

After all, the young man had permanent brain damage and could survive only as a human vegetable, they said.

As a medical doctor, he knew what that meant. But as a father, he could not bring himself to pull the plug.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: SAF doctor son commited suicide as he feel guilty about dad crimes in killing NS

I read the remarks made by the doctor with much disappointment.

He was reported to say that people pulled the plug on their loved ones to save money!!!!

I think the public should take the issue with this medical doctor. How could he say such a mean thing about people who are care-givers and who have terminally ill loved ones.I'm disgusted with this doctor's remarks although I admired the way he and his wife looked after his son - a virtual vegetable - for 18 years.

How many of us have the resources? How many of us can convert a room in the doctor's landed house into a icu? How many of us can afford 2 maids? How many of us can do what the doctors did? As a medical doctor, he should not said such bad things about people. I'm utterly disgusted with this remarks because my parents and I looked after my late grandpa when he was terminally ill. Money was never in our mind at all!!!

All we wanted was to nurse my grandpa to health.We spent alot of our hard-earned savings to look after him and we even had doctors to make house-calls to attend to my grandpa.But he eventually passed away from lung infection. We did our best but he decided to move on.

The doctor's remarks certainly have hurt many people!

Is money the main consideration to pull the plug on your loved ones or on any terminally sick person? I'm greatly disappointed with the doctor and I'm ashamed the newspaper chose to interview the doctor as a role model care-giver. Damned disappointing.

What do you think? Do I talk sense or not?