• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Russian Navy Destroyer Captured biggest catch in Somalia

sand_ban

Alfrescian
Loyal
29 in one catch plus their ship, this is the biggest number so far.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breaki.../Russian-destroyer-captures-29-Somali-pirates

Breaking News / World Type Size: (+) (-)
You are here: Home > News > Breaking News > World

Russian destroyer captures 29 Somali pirates

Agence France-Presse
First Posted 08:07:00 04/29/2009

Filed Under: Sea piracy, Waterway & Maritime Transport, Hijacking (General)

MOSCOW -- A Russian naval destroyer on Tuesday seized 29 suspected pirates off the coast of Somalia, the defense ministry said, according to Russian news agencies.

"The Admiral Panteleev (destroyer) captured Tuesday at 1412 GMT a boat carrying pirates. In total, 29 people were arrested," the ministry said in a statement.

"Seven Kalachnikov machine-guns, handguns of different calibers, equipment including satellite navigation devices and a large number of empty shells were discovered on board the boat," the ministry said, adding that an investigation has been opened.

These arrests would dwarf the numbers seized in other recent operations by international military forces patrolling the waters off the Gulf of Aden in the last year.

The question of where any eventual trial for the 29 might take place will also come to the fore.

Trials relating to a spiralling upsurge in pirate attacks in the region over the last year are largely being hosted by Kenya, following agreements with the European Union, the United States and Britain.

Eleven Somalis are currently awaiting trial in the Kenyan port city of Mombasa for piracy after their high-seas arrest by the French navy deny.

But a Somali teenager captured by US forces in a high-seas drama is to stand trial in New York on piracy charges -- the first in the US for a century -- that could put him in jail for life.

Despite international naval missions -- including from NATO and the European Union -- ransom-hunting Somalis have tackled ever-bigger and more distant prizes.

Without an effective central government since 1991, Somali pirates are currently holding at least 16 ships and more than 250 seamen to ransom.

According to the International Maritime Bureau, pirate attacks off the lawless Horn of Africa nation increased tenfold in the first three months of this year compared with the same period in 2008, jumping from six to 61.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only when you don't play the human right rules then you can acheive better results! Well done Russia

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why dun they just kick them off the boat and let them swim back to somalia. let the shark eat them. chinese eat shark fin, shark eat niggers.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why dun they just kick them off the boat and let them swim back to somalia. let the shark eat them. chinese eat shark fin, shark eat niggers.

Afte the shark gets fatten, the Chinese can hunt the sharks..and we have shark fin soup.....food cycle!!:biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Afte the shark gets fatten, the Chinese can hunt the sharks..and we have shark fin soup.....food cycle!!:biggrin:

something like that.
but i dun eat shark fin soup, because i do not like the taste of it.
but i heard from someone that shark fin have no taste, so i do not know what taste i do not like about shark fin. what do they put in shark fin for the taste?
i wonder.....