• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rule to Protect FTrash?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Why ask for student's authorisation to check on a degree?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->RECENTLY, I made an inquiry with Nanyang Technological University (NTU) concerning a particular student on whether she had indeed graduated from that university.
I was surprised to find out that I needed an authorisation letter from the student concerned in order to find out her educational status. I was told the student's status in the university is confidential.
Following recent news about fake degrees in the market, I think interested parties have the right to double-check their prospective employee's educational status.
In Singapore, when we want to find out whether a particular company is bona fide, all we need to do is go to the Registry of Companies to print out the detailed information of any company after paying a small fee. Does the interested party need to seek the authorisation of the company concerned before he can obtain any information about it?
There seems to be a double standard here.
Loh Peng Cheong

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember last time, long long ago, some ass comprain to newspaper say NUS and NTU send their data to SDU for free membership without asking they want or not. This kind of people, give free thing, and still comprain.

What happen? MOE ask all the University say must get student permission before give out data. Then scully entire gahmen stat board, ministry all scared. If you want data, cannot give you sorry. So now, all very cover own backside. What you want also cannot give!