• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rude behavior of govt elite/elites ...

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since makapa is not here yet, i think i'll post this here ...

ST 22/5/09
NTU Don recounts attack
Lecturer says he turned around to see a knife being thrust at his face

NANYANG Technological University professor Chan Kap Luk barely glanced at the undergraduate who had come into his room. He was busy at his computer preparing slides for a presentation at noon that day.

The student, Mr David Hartanto Widjaja, said he wanted to discuss his final year project, due for submission at the end of March. He wanted to give the lecturer a thumbdrive containing a computer program he had worked on.

He explained to Mr Widjaja that the program could not run on his office computer. As he had a deadline to beat, Prof Chan suggested that Mr Widjaja give him an oral overview instead.

The lecturer's version of what then happened was heard for the first time yesterday by a courtroom packed with Indonesian media, embassy representatives and relatives, on the second day of the coroner's inquiry into Mr Widjaja's death.

It was also the first time that Mr Widjaja's family was seeing Prof Chan, since the 21-year-old Indonesian student died at the Nanyang Technological University on March 2.

Prof Chan, a lecturer at the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, recounted how he was attacked by his student, who later fell four storeys to his death on campus grounds.

He told the court that he continued working at his computer, with his back to Mr Widjaja, while questioning the student. His replies sounded shaky and nervous, Prof Chan said. (no manners, when u talk to someone u shd face him & make eye contact)

Suddenly he felt something hitting his back, 'as if someone was punching me'. He told the court: 'I was asking myself: 'What's this? He's hitting me? Why?''

Prof Chan said he turned around to see a knife being thrust at his face. He was not able to tell the court which hand Mr Widjaja had it in, or how he had held it.

A struggle ensued with the bespectacled, medium-built professor holding up both arms to deflect further knife attacks. Prof Chan and Mr Widjaja are believed to have been the only two people in the room that morning.

The five-day hearing continues today.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
The prof's testimony had some flaws in it - major ones. I can't comment it much since the court case is proceeding, just in case the prof prepares for it. If the lawyers can catch on it, the China prof is as good as guilty.

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to worry, the authorities are still undergoing investigating this issue. Our great law enforcement bodies will definitely give a fair judgement and verdict for this case. :smile:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine this is one of those online games they play.

Desperate student avenger makes it his mission to get the granted scholarship going, but that seemed not to tip in his favor, then his next mission he tells himself is to kill the hated rogue lecturer (he is irrational, he obviously hates the lecturer from the start and he has actually brought a knife for the Plan B!).

Lecturer escaped hobbling with a knife stuck on his back, still alive. Faced with horror and a self-believed sense of no-exit he chose to self-destruct.

The (usually female) Voice in the Sky then says "Mission Failed".