• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rivalry between Ann Kok and Lina Ng resurfaced

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.divaasia.com/article/4362

4362.jpg

Sat, Jul 11, 2009
Diva

Rivalry between Ann Kok and Lina Ng resurfaced

Actress Ann Kok revealed a different side to ex-actress Lina Ng on a recent talk show. The topic of their time together at the 1993 Star Search was brought up, and Ann said that Lina was "openly competitive" during the competition.

When Shin Min Daily News contacted Lina, she admitted that a lot of people thought she was very competitive. But in her defense, she said that she was only 18-years-old during the competition and could have learnt to handle things more diplomatically.

She said: "I know that a lot of people thought I was competitive. I'm still trying to improve myself.

"I was still studying, and not very good at handling people. I am also a perfectionist. Perhaps this led people to misunderstand me."

Back then, Ivy Lee came out tops, while Lina and Eugena Lee came in second and third respectively. Ivy and Lina were also considered the media's darlings during that period. Conversely, Ann was never in the limelight. But aside from commenting that Lina "wanted to be first in everything" during that Star Search episide, Ann did not elaborate further.

Lina also added that she realised the other participants were distancing themselves from her during the finals. She said: "I thought it was because feelings were running high during the finals, but after the competition ended, Ivy Lee told me that others had thought I was too competitive.

"But I'm a straightforward person, and did not intend to hurt others."

As for relations between Ann and herself, Lina said that the two got along well before the competition, but things changed and the two women drifted from each other.

And what did Lina think of the bad blood between them?

She told Shin Min with a laugh: "I did not watch the talk show. Even if I did, I wouldn't be upset, since I'm no longer an artiste."

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
nonetheless, that batch of star search candidates has quite a few beauties. Even Eugena Lee was quite pretty, not to mention Ann Kok and Ivy Lee. I heard some rumours about Eugena leaving the scene, wonder how is she.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nonetheless, that batch of star search candidates has quite a few beauties. Even Eugena Lee was quite pretty, not to mention Ann Kok and Ivy Lee. I heard some rumours about Eugena leaving the scene, wonder how is she.

how coem eugena did not stay on and not maek it big despite being 3rd?

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lina had a very nice mustache hair above her upper lip. I saw her at Rivervale Mall once too many years ago with a friend for a weekend brunch.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lina had a very nice mustache hair above her upper lip. I saw her at Rivervale Mall once too many years ago with a friend for a weekend brunch.

Its not only Lina but quite a number of Chink girls. Looks like they have more facial hair then that wimpy SG Chink male. Most of these bozos look like shaved pussies. :biggrin:

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not only Lina but quite a number of Chink girls. Looks like they have more facial hair then that wimpy SG Chink male. Most of these bozos look like shaved pussies. :biggrin:

oh no. take a look at your own kekleng women.

minus the mustache, can we tell the difference anyway?

(Walking garbage, same color same smell)

hahahahahhahahahha

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Participating in a competition and not to be competitive ? Who want to participate without a hopeof winning ? What nonsense is Ann Kok trying to proof...she never thought of winning ?..now that we know she lost and a sore loser !

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ofcos muz b no 1 mah ...

u din c ze world's best paid gahmen, meh? ...

wa! ... wen no 1 ... make so much of noise like scared ppl dunno ...

wen nt no 1 ... very lao kui 1 woh! ... cannot boast ... n hv 2 diam-diam 4 1 whole damn blahdy yr ...