• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rich Flew On 1st Class Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Cabin supervisor pays tribute to late DBS chief
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IT WAS with great sadness that I learnt of the death of DBS Group Holdings chief executive Richard Stanley.
I do not know him personally, but a simple encounter I had with him spoke volumes of this man.
I work for an international airline, and on one occasion, Mr Stanley was travelling in a first-class cabin on my flight. As cabin supervisors, it is our culture to introduce ourselves to all our first class passengers.
When I approached Mr Stanley to do so, he stood up to shake my hand, even though he was evidently very tired.
Please convey my condolences to his family. Goh Khang Khai

ahsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
feel glorified because ang moh stood up to shake hand? what a mentality of a colonial slave.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dogs of the dog himself the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan, stop spewing out politics of envy and BEGONE.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Cabin supervisor pays tribute to late DBS chief

</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IT WAS with great sadness that I learnt of the death of DBS Group Holdings chief executive Richard Stanley.
I do not know him personally, but a simple encounter I had with him spoke volumes of this man.
I work for an international airline, and on one occasion, Mr Stanley was travelling in a first-class cabin on my flight. As cabin supervisors, it is our culture to introduce ourselves to all our first class passengers.
When I approached Mr Stanley to do so, he stood up to shake my hand, even though he was evidently very tired.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Isn't it a basic courtesy to stand up if someone is introducing themselves to you ?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
since when SIA task their staff to pay tribute to him? And being a cabin crew in first class, i am sure he would have opportunity to meet with our leaders. why heap praise on a ang moh and not heap praise on our leaders?

Does it mean to say, the ang moh CEO is more friendly and approachable than our leader on the plane?

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You lesser motals jealous? Sack 900 more of you then you know.

Is that idiot trying to tell us the 1st class cabin people are mostly rude and don't stand up to shake hands?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like it no, and probably not surprising...heck even got wife slapping stewardess in Biz Class so First Class maybe lagi worse:rolleyes::biggrin:

Seriously though, Rich was quite an ok guy angmoh or not...and as for travelling First Class...it is a common entitlement for top CEOs...nothing new, so no need to get worked up over this...still not happy just go to the next DBS AGM and complain lor:wink:
You lesser motals jealous? Sack 900 more of you then you know.

Is that idiot trying to tell us the 1st class cabin people are mostly rude and don't stand up to shake hands?

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is basic courtesy which sadly is not practised by many. Let's give the recently departed at least the credit he is due and not hurl unneeded abuse over his body.

RIP.

Isn't it a basic courtesy to stand up if someone is introducing themselves to you ?

mudskipper

Alfrescian
Loyal

when seated on board plane, u will stand up if a fellow passenger or crew introduces him/herself? get real dude.

in a plane, passengers are meant n expected to be seated while being served. protocol of standing up when saying hello is a step beyond but not a necessity.

mudskipper

Alfrescian
Loyal
since when SIA task their staff to pay tribute to him? And being a cabin crew in first class, i am sure he would have opportunity to meet with our leaders. why heap praise on a ang moh and not heap praise on our leaders?

Does it mean to say, the ang moh CEO is more friendly and approachable than our leader on the plane?

any of our local leaders died recently that warrants some nice words? this crew is simply saying something nice about a person who has departed.

.. and you have to turn it into something racial.