• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Revise Women's Charter so the wronged are not punished

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Revise Women's Charter so the wronged are not punished
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to yesterday's report, 'Allow men to claim alimony, says ex-NMP'. It is sad to note that the Women's Charter remains unchanged over the years. It was first drafted under social conditions that are totally different from what we see now. Now women are more educated, independent and earn as much as men or more.
A review should be considered, just as the Penal Code was revised not long ago to reflect the current environment.
Recently, my friend decided to end his marriage after he found out his wife had been cheating on him. She was awarded more than half his assets although she makes quite a lot herself.
Does this charter protect the weak or the strong?
Also, alimony should have a time frame attached and not be a life sentence.
I am not biased against women but I hope the Women's Charter will be revised so the wronged are not punished and protection goes to the needy. Tan Boon Tat

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The women's charter was written by a bunch of men to self pwn men. Someone should invent a time machine and go back in time to slap some sense into those morons.