• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renault FIA probe ensures it leaves F1 in Singapore

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Renault FIA probe ensures it leaves F1 in Singapore

AFP - Wednesday, September 2
1025501570-ecclestone-concerned-over-renault-probe.jpg

LONDON (AFP) - - Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone fears the FIA probe into Fernando Alonso's victory in Singapore earlier this year could result in Renault walking away from the sport.

An investigation was announced last week after allegations that Alonso's then team-mate Nelson Piquet crashed on lap 14 in order to give the Spaniard a better chance to win.

Ecclestone claims Renault boss Flavio Briatore is fuming about the investigation, which is likely to involve detailed analysis of all the technical data on the team's participation in the race, including pit-wall communications.

"This is not the sort of thing we need at the moment," Ecclestone told the Times. "Them leaving the sport is a danger, obviously. I mean, I hope that it isn't like that, but it's the sort of thing that might happen.

"What I know, I can't say, to be honest with you. All I know is that Flavio is insisting that he knows nothing about it. I think the FIA are looking into everything.

"They are trying to find out the reality. I suppose they would be upset if they found out that what people are assuming is true, is in fact true, I suppose."