• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

(Religion of peace) Philippines: 48-year-old Muslim marries 13-year-old girl

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
child-marriage-Philippines-300x174.png

SICK CEREMONY Girl, 13, forced to marry man, 48, and she’ll have to care for his kids who are the same age in the Philippines,” by Imogen Braddick, The Sun, November 16, 2020:

SHOCKING pictures show the moment a 13-year-old girl was forced to marry a 48-year-old man in the Philippines.

Asnaira Pamansag Mugaling became Abdulrzak Ampatuan’s fifth wife after a day-long ceremony in the town of Mamasapano last month and will now look after his kids, who are her age.

The child bride wore a white traditional gown as she sat beside the groom during the bizarre ceremony on October 22.

Asnaira claimed she is “not afraid” of Abdulrzak because he is “nice to her”.

“I am learning how to cook because I’m not good at it now. I want to make my husband happy,” she said.

Three weeks after getting married, Abdulzrak built a small house for the pair to live together.

He works as a farmer while Asnaira carries out household chores and helps take care of Abdulrzak’s children from his other marriages, who are the same age as her.

“I am happy to have found her and spend my days with her taking care of my children,” Abdulzrak said.

The pair said they plan to have children when Asnaira turns 20.

“I will pay for her school because I want her to get an education while waiting for the right time to have children,” Abdulrzak said.

The United Nations defines child marriage as any formal marriage or informal union where one or both parties are under the age of 18.

It says child marriage compromises the development of girls and results in early pregnancy and social isolation.

In some parts of the Philippines, the Muslim Law on Personal Status, based on Sharia law, allows marriage at the onset of puberty for girls.

According to UNICEF data, the Philippines has 726,000 child brides – the 12th-highest total in the world….

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
“The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death)” (Bukhari 7.62.88).

Another tradition has Aisha herself recount the scene:

The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, “Best wishes and Allah’s Blessing and a good luck.” Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah’s Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Bukhari 5.58.234).
Muhammad was at this time fifty-four years old.

Marrying young girls was not all that unusual for its time, but because in Islam Muhammad is the supreme example of conduct (cf. Qur’an 33:21), he is considered exemplary in this unto today. And so in April 2011, the Bangladesh Mufti Fazlul Haque Amini declared that those trying to pass a law banning child marriage in that country were putting Muhammad in a bad light: “Banning child marriage will cause challenging the marriage of the holy prophet of Islam, [putting] the moral character of the prophet into controversy and challenge.” He added a threat: “Islam permits child marriage and it will not be tolerated if any ruler will ever try to touch this issue in the name of giving more rights to women.” The Mufti said that 200,000 jihadists were ready to sacrifice their lives for any law restricting child marriage.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's just modern days child marriage.
But if the ancient people found fit to marry a child, it should not be an issue now.

But biologically if a child starts her menstruation, she is ready to procreate.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
So its not forced marriage.
Chinese school kids lose their virginity at 14 anyway. So what's the difference?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Muslim girls lose theirs at age 9.starting with the prophet.
Nonsense. No historians during the time of mohamed wrote about prophet marrying a 9 year old. This was written by people 200 years after his death.
During that period, Muslims were under the rule of prominent mecca family who opposed mohamed ( . And orobably wanted to tarnish remnants of those who followed mohsmed " way of life" by replacing it with religion.
Nothing survived about mohamad as it was erased, eradicated, so it's very difficult to determine what sort of person he was.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a good religion for men,,,I am now reformed that I will convert. However I wont marry an underage chick,,I will just marry 4 X18 year olds

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not all the blame should be on Islam in this case. The legal age of consent for girls in Philippines is 12 years old

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
child-marriage-Philippines-300x174.png

SICK CEREMONY Girl, 13, forced to marry man, 48, and she’ll have to care for his kids who are the same age in the Philippines,” by Imogen Braddick, The Sun, November 16, 2020:

SHOCKING pictures show the moment a 13-year-old girl was forced to marry a 48-year-old man in the Philippines.

Asnaira Pamansag Mugaling became Abdulrzak Ampatuan’s fifth wife after a day-long ceremony in the town of Mamasapano last month and will now look after his kids, who are her age.

The child bride wore a white traditional gown as she sat beside the groom during the bizarre ceremony on October 22.

Asnaira claimed she is “not afraid” of Abdulrzak because he is “nice to her”.

“I am learning how to cook because I’m not good at it now. I want to make my husband happy,” she said.

Three weeks after getting married, Abdulzrak built a small house for the pair to live together.

He works as a farmer while Asnaira carries out household chores and helps take care of Abdulrzak’s children from his other marriages, who are the same age as her.

“I am happy to have found her and spend my days with her taking care of my children,” Abdulzrak said.

The pair said they plan to have children when Asnaira turns 20.

“I will pay for her school because I want her to get an education while waiting for the right time to have children,” Abdulrzak said.

The United Nations defines child marriage as any formal marriage or informal union where one or both parties are under the age of 18.

It says child marriage compromises the development of girls and results in early pregnancy and social isolation.

In some parts of the Philippines, the Muslim Law on Personal Status, based on Sharia law, allows marriage at the onset of puberty for girls.

According to UNICEF data, the Philippines has 726,000 child brides – the 12th-highest total in the world….
Better than rape or prostitution u Asiatics r so fond of no? :cautious:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interesting fact I heard from a pinoy ex colleague... It is getting popular for rich pinoy families to adopt blond babies from poorer Latin America countries and groom them to win beauty pageants (pinoys are obsessed with beauty pageants). It's like playing with real life Barbie dolls

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting fact I heard from a pinoy ex colleague... It is getting popular for rich pinoy families to adopt blond babies from poorer Latin America countries and groom them to win beauty pageants (pinoys are obsessed with beauty pageants). It's like playing with real life Barbie dolls

cultural than religious related.