• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

REITs: The scrooge of high rental and high prices?.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
REITs, another avenue to squeeze more out of the common peope? From high rentals, to high prices, ultimately a higher cost of living here in Singapore. And Singaporeans are told to manage their jobs expectation and pay.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
REITs, another avenue to squeeze more out of the common peope? From high rentals, to high prices, ultimately a higher cost of living here in Singapore. And Singaporeans are told to manage their jobs expectation and pay.

Yes they are.

If you take a very close look at how REITS came about, the fundamental economics behind them is another BOMB in the making.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes they are.

If you take a very close look at how REITS came about, the fundamental economics behind them is another BOMB in the making.

Another words, taking a cut of the fat meat after they have repackaged it and sell it to the investors. With the usual promise of good returns, etc, but ultimately getting sc****......

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The REIT in US already collapsed while over here in SG it's only begin. It took the bubble 25 years to burst and SG only at most 5 years. So I guess we will see it burst in about 20 years time.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The REIT in US already collapsed while over here in SG it's only begin. It took the bubble 25 years to burst and SG only at most 5 years. So I guess we will see it burst in about 20 years time.

Perhpas the bubble will burst this year?. Sooner than we thought?.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't need to wait lah.. it's happening now.

The thing with bubbles, when they burst, they burst together. Don't look at it as SG having another 20 years to go in a 25 year bubble. Look at it as SG jumped on the bandwagon 20 years after the US.

Prepare for the big fall. Geronimo!

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal

With REITs you are transferring the risks from property owners to investors and costs to tenants (consumers).

My hero downgrader should be able to comment more on this.

I am not kidding

That guy is a property market guru

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies must take the stand now.

SHOW TO THEMSELVES THAT ENOUGH OF THEM HAVE BALLS

STAND UP WITH AND BY THOSE WHO SPOKE OUT FOR THEM

BE THEY THE OPPOSITION, REGARDLESS IF THEY ARE MP OR NOT MP

GIVE THEM THE SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT

STAND UP WITH AND BY BLOGGERS

KICK OUT LKY AND HIS BLOODSUCKING BUNCH OF PARASITES

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
With REITs you are transferring the risks from property owners to investors and costs to tenants (consumers).

My hero downgrader should be able to comment more on this.

I am not kidding

That guy is a property market guru

The country that gave the world a lesson in Reit was Australia in the 70s. Since then the rule of thumb is not to touch it with a 10 foot barge pole. It is usually taken up by fund managers who are full time on the job and are better prepared to bail out.

The greatest exponent of it worldwide is the Australian Westfield Group which commands and controls massive malls on both sides of the Pacific.

Besides high rentals to tenants and passing risks to investors, the management fee by original developers / mall operators is money for jam.

Agree on downgraders views.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't need to wait lah.. it's happening now.

The thing with bubbles, when they burst, they burst together. Don't look at it as SG having another 20 years to go in a 25 year bubble. Look at it as SG jumped on the bandwagon 20 years after the US.

Prepare for the big fall. Geronimo!

The US bubble burst in the late 90s. George Soros shot the REIT.
Then in the last few years we see this intro in SG. I am saying in the span from now to 20 years down the road, REIT here will burst. :wink:

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
The US bubble burst in the late 90s. George Soros shot the REIT.
Then in the last few years we see this intro in SG. I am saying in the span from now to 20 years down the road, REIT here will burst.

Yoiu think you need 20 years to see the burst? I dont think so. It will happen faster than you expect. When all the FTs leave, and MNCs leave, you see. Why? there is no people to support the value of the land, artifically inflated in the first place.

hemunkeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes they are.

Some of my broker friends has been advising me to stay out of REITS
Its concept is beautiful but is really about packaging to made money.
Another time bomb is our HDB subprime bomb, I believe our esteem govt.
is worried if the CPF rate is cut many will not be able to service their loan
If this is true we will see a catastrophic outcome. Property prices has gone up so much in the past 20 years together with HDB concept of market subsidy that HDB loan has become difficult to service.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of my broker friends has been advising me to stay out of REITS
Its concept is beautiful but is really about packaging to made money.
Another time bomb is our HDB subprime bomb, I believe our esteem govt.
is worried if the CPF rate is cut many will not be able to service their loan
If this is true we will see a catastrophic outcome. Property prices has gone up so much in the past 20 years together with HDB concept of market subsidy that HDB loan has become difficult to service.

As if the Job credit will help. People without jobs means no CPF. It is a dead end for many. Once they lose their jobs, they dont have CPF, and it is the govenment who get fucked in the end. Becos people have no CPF to give them. So who is to blame?

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
who give CPF the money? of cos is the employee.
that why they come out with this idea(JCS) of government help to top up CPF for the employer. THIS TOP UP IS ONLY NUMBER AND HAVE NO SUBSTANCE.

the result by end of 2009 is sgd will be valued 35-50% less at currently. NO JOKE.