• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

reggie say to stop moaning

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I say, get on your bike, people. Stop moaning and start doing.S'porean? So? No one owes you a job
By Reggie J
September 12, 2008 Print Ready Email Article

IT has been reported that some 60,000 jobs will be created with the opening of the IRs next year.

What is interesting is that it has been assumed that 45 per cent of the jobs will be handed to foreign nationals.

Why? Because the relevant skills here are in short supply.

I understand that a few years ago there was a severe shortage of nurses.

Students were then encouraged to take up nursing.

But the shortage meant that hospitals had to hire Filipinos and other nationals.

It might be a case of Singaporeans who are not prepared to do what some regard as menial work.

Fewer babies mean that we'll continue to depend on foreign workers and new immigrants for years to come.

So, while I empathise with local job-seekers, I must also ask them to question their expectations.

Where is it written that one is owed a job, just because he or she is Singaporean?

If it were your business, would you not want to employ the best you can?

So rather than scream about jobs being taken away from us, we should strive to have good skills the market would want.

I say, get on your bike, people. Stop moaning and start doing.

Or be left, behind.

bebo

Alfrescian
Loyal
IT has been reported that some 60,000 jobs will be created with the opening of the IRs next year.

What is interesting is that it has been assumed that 45 per cent of the jobs will be handed to foreign nationals.

No problem. No Sinkie would want to be doorman, card dealer, guest relations officer, greeter, waiter, cleaner, etc.