• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recession is in the mind. These guys live it up.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
while downgrader serenades the homeless and stray dogs with his out of tune guitar, out of tune voice and out of whack lyrics

these guys show him the tiong jai

so what if the economy slows down a bit, these people know the meaning of life, to travel and enjoy and give their loved ones some pleasure of seeing the world

Feb 28, 2009
TOURISM DEPARTURES
Tour bargains snapped up

Thousands visit Natas fair as the thirst for travel remains strong

By Lim Wei Chean

TENS of millions of dollars worth of travel packages have been sold over the past few weekends, but the Singaporean thirst for travel has hardly been slaked.
Hours before the doors opened yesterday to the grand-daddy of travel events here, the Natas fair, the line of people willing to pay $3 to get into it stretched close to 400m.

Demand to get away is so hot that the National Association of Travel Agents Singapore's chief executive officer Robert Khoo expects 60,000 people to have turned up for the fair, held at the Singapore Expo, by the time all is said and done tomorrow evening.

That is higher than last year's total of 57,000.

Asked for a sales estimate, Mr Khoo put it at $50 million, the same as last year's fair.

Add that to the more than $20 million raked in by other fairs over the past two weekends - the biggest of which were held by Chan Brothers Travel and SA Tours - and the size of Singaporeans' appetite for travel becomes clear.

Businesswoman Cheong Keok Soon, 54, summed up the reasons for this wanderlust thus: 'There is nothing much to do here. So my husband and I head overseas at least two to three times a year.'

So travel they must, but in keeping with the times, many of those among the more than 10,000 who showed up yesterday were looking to snap up a good bargain for a short trip in the region, as opposed to past fairs, where long-haul trips worth tens of thousands were as easily sold as weekend getaways to Bangkok.

Said engineer Foo Ce Jie, 27: 'This year, I am trying to keep my travelling expenditure to $1,000 to $2,000.'

Read the full story in today's edition of The Straits Times.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i also planning a trip, i wonder Tokyo or Calfornia. which one is better for this year??

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
i also planning a trip, i wonder Tokyo or Calfornia. which one is better for this year??

why choose? live it up, go to both

life is short, enjoy

think recession and you end up like downgrader, forever spreading doom and gloom and calling people to tighten their belts