• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Read Admirer Shooting At Own Feet Again...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DPM Teo questions if Hougang voters being taken for granted

=> Lagi worse - Has the FAP betrayed SGs BIG TIME?Saad | Posted: 20 May 2012 2132 hrs

By Imelda
Photos 1 of 1<INPUT id=btnPrev disabled value="<< Previous" src="/images/butt_previous.gif" width=18 height=15 type=image><INPUT id=bntPlay value="Play - Stop" src="/images/butt_stop.gif" width=19 height=15 type=image><INPUT id=btnNext disabled value=" Next >> " src="/images/butt_next.gif" width=18 height=15 type=image>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
dotline_240.gif

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean at the People's Action Party's first Hougang by-election rally on May 20, 2012. (Photo: Siti Bazilah, channelnewsasia.com)

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
<!-- for social media sharing functions --><!-- END social media sharing functions -->
SINGAPORE: Singapore Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean on Sunday questioned if the Workers' Party has taken Hougang voters for granted.

Speaking at the first PAP rally for the Hougang by-election, Mr Teo, who is the first assistant secretary-general of the PAP, pointed to the way the Workers' Party had handled the Yaw Shin Leong affair.

The expulsion of former Hougang MP Mr Yaw from the Workers' Party had directly led to this by-election.

Mr Teo said the Workers' Party has now put up another candidate, and its secretary-general Low Thia Khiang is acting as if "nothing has happened" and is "pulling on the emotions" of voters.

"Hougang residents should consider carefully, and not just accept any candidate that WP is sending to them," he said. "You have scrutinised Desmond Choo very carefully. Scrutinise the candidate that they send to you very closely as well."

"Mr Png on Nomination Day, I watched him, he spoke in three languages, very good. English, Chinese, Teochew, but what is his message?" Mr Teo asked.

"His only message was 'send me to Parliament'. English, 'send me to Parliament', Chinese 'send me to Parliament' , Teochew, '"send me to parliament'. But think very carefully, the WP decided not to send Png Eng Huat to parliament when they could have done so."

Mr Teo explained that when the WP had to choose one member from their East Coast GRC team to send to Parliament as an Non-Constituency MP, they did not choose Png Eng Huat.

"If he was their best man, why didn't they choose him?" Mr Teo asked.

=> Then is that son of that corrupt ex-FAP MP the best dud from the FAP?

"Is Hougang so special, that the WP is sending you a candidate that they themselves decided not to send to Parliament, when they had the chance?"

"Is it possible that they are pulling on your emotions, and really taking you for granted?" Mr Teo questioned.

=> What about him on crutches during the last GE?

Mr Teo stressed that this by-election was about who could serve Hougang residents better, not about who forms the government or about ensuring opposition members in parliament.

=> Do well to remember what that Shit Toe did after he Potong Pasir residents fell for the devil!

On national issues raised by the Workers' Party, Mr Teo pointed to the various policies and programmes the government has rolled out to address them.

These include building more new flats to stabilise property prices and schemes such as the Workfare Income Supplement to raise the wages of low wage workers.

=> And that took place after more Oppos were voted into Parliament. Imagine the signal it would send to the FAP if HG fell into the FAP's hand! By the way, the FAP is using all sorts of excuses to avoid implementing a min. wage. And why is he silent on the collapse of the public transport and the re-opening of the floodgate to foreigners after the GE?

Mr Teo said these were "real concrete things" that make Singaporeans' lives better.

=> What about the 'real concrete things' that the FAP has done to make SGs' lives miserable and its ultimate aim to replace SGs with Foreigners? This is TREASON!

He questioned what the Workers' Party has done for Singaporeans.

=> At least the WP fought for SGs' interests as much as they can. Not BETRAYING them like the FAP has done WITHOUT REMORSE!

The PAP's candidate for the Hougang by-election, Mr Desmond Choo, also spoke at the rally, saying that he was serving residents for the long term.

Mr Choo said he stayed in in Hougang despite losing in the last elections because he saw many residents in need of help.

=> Aiyo, save this crap for the 60% SGs daftees lah!

"It wasn't easy to lose an election. It wasn't easy to stand up in front of the whole nation and take a defeat and I feel I must have been the worst performing MP, candidate at that time," he said.

"I lost badly. There was a 30 per cent spread. Was I disappointed? Of course I'm disappointed. I found it hard to get back but I knew that I had to get over my disappointment because you are my family."

"Hougang is my family. I've come to understand, to humbly serve and to contribute. To my Hougang family, I have I am and will always be here for you," he added.

=>
puke (py
oomacr.gif
k) Slang
intr. & tr.v. puked, puk·ing, pukes To vomit.

n. 1. The act of vomiting.
2. Vomit.
3. One regarded as disgusting or contemptible

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Much of Mr Choo's speech was devoted to his track record in Hougang.

"I pushed for government funded schemes to be fast tracked in Hougang. I also worked with charitable organisations on projects to benefit residents," he said.

Mr Choo also tackled the question thrown at him from the Workers' Party about where he gets funding for the programmes he has rolled out.

"I work hard to raise funds from many private donors, sponsors and businesses," he said.

=> Why squeeze the businesses and SMEs when the FAP is spending hundreds of millions in freebies on Foreigners and the Temasick and GeeAyeSee pair throwing away good money by the billions?

Over 23,000 voters will go to the polls on Saturday, May 26 for the Hougang by-election.

- CNA/wm <!-- Zone Tag : Channel News Asia In Text <script type="text/javascript"> innity_pub = "66368270ffd51418ec58bd793f2d9b1b"; innity_zone = "12251"; innity_width = "**"; innity_height = "**"; innity_country = "SG"; </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.innity.com/network.js"></script>-->

B

Baluku

Actually speaking from a third party perspective.

The perception of PAP taking Singaporeans for granted is definitely substantially higher than WP taking Singaporeans for granted.

Mr. Teoh should not remind Singaporeans of how PAP treats Singaporeans.

Last edited by a moderator:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
only in Singapore can a non MP of the ruling party still conduct work in the constituency he will never be elected to

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
only in Singapore can a non MP of the ruling party still conduct work in the constituency he will never be elected to

Spot on! That is why we are so unique.:rolleyes: In previous posts, I have always thought out loud that PA=PAP=NTUC. I still do.:biggrin: