• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rampant Littering in MRT Stations. Work of FTrash?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>What Bugs Me
Posted on 21 Apr, 2009 10:53
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Flyer litter problem in MRT stations because there are no bins there

STOMPer danny is unimpressed with the amount of litter found at our MRT stations, and says that placing dustbins made only for paper disposal should curb the problem.

In an email to STOMP today (April 21), the STOMPer says:

“One fine afternoon, as I was taking the MRT, there were people giving out flyers. As I always have to habit to ‘help’ these people by taking the flyers, obviously they were more than happy to give the flyers to me.

“However, I later regretted doing so. Having taken some flyers and entering the station, I found that there were no dustbins for me to throw the flyers. So I had to hold on to them until I reached my destination.

“What's worse was when I went up to the platform, I saw that there were newspapers on the seats, and flyers on the floor. I was disgusted that the whole station looked dirty.

“And there a kid who was kicking the flyer around. Something like ‘transferring’ the litter. Obviously this does not reflect Singapore's image of clean and green.

“I knew that dustbins were taken away in MRT stations due to bombing scares. I was hoping that SMRT would do something to prevent littering in the stations. I know some people do not litter, but with no dustbins, it's hard for them not to.

“One solution I can think of is to place dustbins which are made only for paper disposal. Similar to those small bins that buses have. At least people with paper waste can throw away their waste."

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jw5

Loyal
One thing I don't understand is why there are no litter bins at the mrt station platforms. Did anyone notice that and can anyone explain why?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Bangkok they have transparent litter bins, why Spore cannot do the same :confused:

First, SINgaporeans are blamed to be unhygienic, lack social manners, 7 ungracious...

That is why they litter!

But, one will notice that, the MRT stations surrounding plus the bus interchanges lack dustbins. Wait, they are dustbins but located so dar away from 'civilization'...

So, why not just throw it onto the floor...that is not their mistake...it is you, unhygenic people..literbug.

Bangkok have transparent bins.. they think in Thai Bahts but we have million dollars ministers who think in millions, million of sollars in fine; by providing you with less or absence of dustbins, so that the NEA officers can write you a summon...

so smart...you unhygenic people!!:rolleyes: