• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Question: Why must Merlion be of White Color?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dey cud nt find such n animal in ze anals of sg ...

dey oso cud nt find such n animal in ze history 10 yr series ...

so dey dunno wat 2 do ... so, juz leave it as no color ...

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isnt Merlion a strange beast ........ simply out of this world ? Fish body and lion headed body ? Some more in white .......

Hm , u shd re examine ..... shd there be such a ALIEN in this world ....?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
White symbolized purity and honesty. Our great PAP members dress code is white too. :smile:

White clothing, black heart, fork-tongue! :eek: The lightning strike is a warning to those who purport themselves to be pure & honest, taht, there is a higher AUTHORITY watching.. so WATCH IT!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
becos it's a ang moh merlion, so white, since our history is always linked with Raffles arrived Sg in 1819.

The Raffles statute in front of Victoria Memorial Hall is BLACK!, made by the ang moh..maybe they donlt like RAFFLES.

The one, by the SINgapore river, is white....built by the MIW's:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure or not, never see b4 leh..
btw, the merlion shd covered with $1 feng shui coin since miw is so money face.

tsk!tsk!...you probaly been to BangKOK but haven't been to the Singapore River...

The white Raffles statue is down by the river side, back of Victoria memorail hall, side of old parliament house road leading to the river..

Unless they had removed it, which I am not suprised..this was built to commemorate Raffles landing spot...

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
tsk!tsk!...you probaly been to BangKOK but haven't been to the Singapore River...

The white Raffles statue is down by the river side, back of Victoria memorail hall, side of old parliament house road leading to the river..

Unless they had removed it, which I am not suprised..this was built to commemorate Raffles landing spot...

You are right, i think i've seen the black Raffles before. Actually i didn't read carefully, i thought black merlion...haha! :p