• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[PSA] Blood Type O Needed

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Type O blood donors needed as stock in Singapore falls to low level

28 Sep 2018 10:25AM(Updated: 28 Sep 2018 10:50AM)

SINGAPORE: Calling for type O blood donors – Singapore's stockpile of the blood type has fallen to a low level, the Singapore Red Cross and Health Sciences Authority (HSA) said on Friday (Sep 28).

The amount of type O blood in Singapore is currently about half of the required stockpile. About 500 donors are needed over the next two weeks to bring the national stockpile back to a healthy level, the agencies said in a joint press release.

Nearly half of patients in Singapore are from the type O blood group and can only receive blood of the same type, they added. Type O blood is also required for all patients during emergency situations when their blood groups are not known.

READ: Younger ones should give more blood, says rare type donor

The Singapore Red Cross and HSA said they aim to have at least six days' supply to meet the daily transfusion needs and bleeding emergencies in Singapore.

They urged donors to visit Bloodbank@HSA, Bloodbank@Dhoby Ghaut, Bloodbank@Woodlands and Bloodbank@Westgate Tower as soon as they can.

Locations and opening hours of blood banks in Singapore. (Image: HSA/Singapore Red Cross)

Donors have to be healthy, aged between 16 and 60, and weigh at least 45kg. Those who have not made a donation in the past 12 weeks are also encouraged to donate.

READ: Fewer youths donating blood in Singapore amid growing demand

READ: Don't be complacent about blood sufficiency, says Singapore Red Cross

Donors are advised to eat a light meal and drink plenty of fluids before a donation. They should also make sure that they have adequate rest the night before and on the day of donation.

Those aged 16 or 17 who would like to donate are required to bring a signed parental consent form. The form can be found on www.hsa.gov.sg/parent_consent.

Those who have not donated blood before in Singapore can visit www.hsa.gov.sg/donor_criteria or call 6220 0183 for more information or to make an appointment for blood donation.

Source: CNA/na(cy)

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a large pool that the PAP can force to give blood. Those doing NS.

During my time those who gave blood were allowed to book out on Saturday afternoon. Those who did not not give blood had to book out at 12am Sunday.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why should I give away my blood for free? N the worse thing is the receiver pays alot to the gahmen when they need it. Anyway if need to receive blood to survive...it's better off to be dead

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes indeed. I don't want to sound heartless, but they fucking suck our money, now also want to suck our blood.
KNN my uncle don't wish to sound heartless too but whenever he is intercepted by donations from flag raising, red cross, heart foundation etc he felt like telling them please collect from pap and it's cronies KNN

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I've donated more than 50 units of blood in my life time, I don't know if I can hit 200 before I die. Am I an optimist? :coffee::coffee::coffee:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time I donated blood, I recall the form also asks for sexual history. I think blood supply low coz a lot of people "fail" in the form. All too busy screwing prostitutes so blood not suitable for donation :biggrin:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the going rate ? Better than picking card boxes ?

If they offer $100 per 200 cc, I think the queue will filled by Pioneers and Merdekas.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
What is the going rate ? Better than picking card boxes ?

If they offer $100 per 200 cc, I think the queue will filled by Pioneers and Merdekas.
Maybe I should donate blood for money, to supplement my cardboard picking business.