• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Proof] Social Distancing does not work!

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
SingPost COVID-19 cluster caused by employee who went to work despite being unwell: Iswaran
02 Apr 2020 11:55PM (Updated: 03 Apr 2020 12:00AM)

SINGAPORE: The cluster of COVID-19 cases at SingPost Centre was caused by an employee who had come to work despite being unwell, said Minister for Communications and Information S Iswaran on Thursday (Apr 2) as he reiterated the importance of staying home when sick to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

Last week, a contract worker and two full-time employees at SingPost’s packet-processing facility tested positive for the coronavirus, prompting operations to be suspended for cleaning and disinfection.

As of Thursday, at least eight cases have been linked to that cluster in total.

“Everyone has a part to play in the fight against COVID-19; we must do the right thing to protect the health of our families, our colleagues and ourselves,” said Mr Iswaran in a statement issued by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA).

“The SingPost cluster was caused by a contract staff who was unwell but still came to work. This underscores the importance of staying at home and avoiding social interactions if unwell," he added.

The contract worker was the first individual at SingPost to be diagnosed with COVID-19 on Mar 25. The individual was last at the facility on Mar 19.

On Mar 27, the two full-time employees - who were working on the same floor as the contract worker - also tested positive despite SingPost’s health screening and safe distancing measures.

The affected SingPost staff are not postmen and do not have any contact with members of public in their line of work, IMDA said in the statement, reiterating that COVID-19 cannot be transmitted through the postal network and mail articles.

IMDA said it is working with SingPost to minimise disruption on mail operations, including facilitating the national postman’s recruitment of workers from other sectors who have been displaced due to the coronavirus.

“IMDA encourages workers looking for positions to reach out to SingPost for job opportunities,” the authority said.

“The Government will support SingPost to safeguard the well-being of its workers, ensure the continued delivery of letters and parcels and minimise the impact on essential postal services for the public,” added Mr Iswaran.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
“IMDA encourages workers looking for positions to reach out to SingPost for job opportunities,” the authority said.

Those jobless Grab, nightclub workers, flight attendants can now apply to be postmen!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
That is not social distancing lah.

That is WAYANG.

True physical distancing works. everyone is at home. Nobody meets anyone else.

Physical distancing and keeping socially connected through technology is definitely proven to reduce transmission. But it has a tremendous impact on the economy.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is WAYANG.

Physical distancing and keeping socially connected through technology is definitely proven to reduce transmission. But it has a tremendous impact on the economy.
Honestly, it's hard to lock oneself up 24 hours a day for even 3 days. I tried and only managed 36 hours max before going for a walk at the park for fresh air.

I admire my Tiong neighbour. She is fucking disciplined. I have been observing this atas chio Tiong lady in my neighborhood. She only leaves her home every 72 hours to go supermarket to buy supplies. And once she steps out of her home, she wears a mask.

Then I wouldn't see her again until 3 or 4 days later. I guess she has probably seen her country people suffer or her friends or loved ones have succumbed to Covid.

Unlike sinkies who are really more complacent, mostly believing that massive community spread would not happen in Singapore. The blind faith and trust in PAP is quite amazing. I guess that's why Kong Hee and Prince can have so many dumb idiots donating money to fund their lifestyle.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Honestly, it's hard to lock oneself up 24 hours a day for even 3 days. I tried and only managed 36 hours max before going for a walk at the park for fresh air.

I admire my Tiong neighbour. She is fucking disciplined. I have been observing this atas chio Tiong lady in my neighborhood. She only leaves her home every 72 hours to go supermarket to buy supplies. And once she steps out of her home, she weara a mask.

Then I wouldn't see her again until 3 or 4 days later. I guess she has probably seen her country people suffer or her friends or loved ones have succumbed to Covid.

Unlike sinkies who are really more complacent, mostly believing that massive community spread would not happen in Singapore. The blind faith and trust in PAP is quite amazing. I guess that's why Kong Hee and Prince can have so many dumb idiots donating money to fund their lifestyle.

yeah cos your flats and apartments are so tiny.

over here in Canada no problem. So many things to do at home. And I have my own backyard. Driveway.

We hardly go out because there is no where to go to except the grocery store. And they want solo shoppers. So go one a week stock up go home.

I do take the dogs for a walk once in a while. It is spring but we had -17 degrees weather with snow yesterday.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SingPost COVID-19 cluster caused by employee who went to work despite being unwell: Iswaran
02 Apr 2020 11:55PM (Updated: 03 Apr 2020 12:00AM)

SINGAPORE: The cluster of COVID-19 cases at SingPost Centre was caused by an employee who had come to work despite being unwell, said Minister for Communications and Information S Iswaran on Thursday (Apr 2) as he reiterated the importance of staying home when sick to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

Last week, a contract worker and two full-time employees at SingPost’s packet-processing facility tested positive for the coronavirus, prompting operations to be suspended for cleaning and disinfection.

As of Thursday, at least eight cases have been linked to that cluster in total.

“Everyone has a part to play in the fight against COVID-19; we must do the right thing to protect the health of our families, our colleagues and ourselves,” said Mr Iswaran in a statement issued by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA).

“The SingPost cluster was caused by a contract staff who was unwell but still came to work. This underscores the importance of staying at home and avoiding social interactions if unwell," he added.

The contract worker was the first individual at SingPost to be diagnosed with COVID-19 on Mar 25. The individual was last at the facility on Mar 19.

On Mar 27, the two full-time employees - who were working on the same floor as the contract worker - also tested positive despite SingPost’s health screening and safe distancing measures.

The affected SingPost staff are not postmen and do not have any contact with members of public in their line of work, IMDA said in the statement, reiterating that COVID-19 cannot be transmitted through the postal network and mail articles.

IMDA said it is working with SingPost to minimise disruption on mail operations, including facilitating the national postman’s recruitment of workers from other sectors who have been displaced due to the coronavirus.

“The Government will support SingPost to safeguard the well-being of its workers, ensure the continued delivery of letters and parcels and minimise the impact on essential postal services for the public,” added Mr Iswaran.
1m not enough. research from mit indicates 26.9 feet.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is WAYANG.

That's why half heart measure create more problem then solving it.
Malaysia mco people stop work staying home.
It just a few weeks but results will show.
Singapore encourage people lesser go out and boss give work from home.
In the end workers not feeling well also goes to work to earning income.
The story continue.....
Many bosses will give no pay leave if anyone not coming office.
Government encourage work from home culture is a joke

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why half heart measure create more problem then solving it.
Malaysia mco people stop work staying home.
It just a few weeks but results will show.
Singapore encourage people lesser go out and boss give work from home.
In the end workers not feeling well also goes to work to earning income.
The story continue.....
Many bosses will give no pay leave if anyone not coming office.
Government encourage work from home culture is a joke
Sooner or later will lockdown when cases grow and grow on a daily basis.