• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Prohibit unhygienic behaviour at public washbasins

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.soshiok.com/articles/12901

Prohibit unhygienic behaviour at public washbasins
Mon May 25 2009

My Paper

Raymond Koh, a My Paper reader, is appalled by the unhygenic habits of some foodcourt customers.

Singapore, May 25, 2009

Letter from reader Raymond Koh Joo Guan:

tamanstsk.jpg

I FREQUENT the Botanic Gardens’ Taman Serasi Food Court. This food court is relatively clean and fresh, with lush greenery outside.

The effort by the management to include a washbasin within the food court makes it convenient for patrons to wash their hands.

However, some patrons were seen blowing their nose into the sink, washing their mouth and spitting into it.

I find this very inconsiderate as other people are eating nearby, with their tables only 2m away. By blowing their nose, these people were indirectly introducing germs and viruses into the air of an air-conditioned food court.

I urge the authorities and the food-court management to put up signs at the washbasin to prohibit spitting and blowing of one’s nose at the sink.

The signs should also state that the sink is meant for washing hands and utensils, like forks, spoons and a baby’s cutlery.