• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pricey hawker fare - eight mini fishballs for $6

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=980 bgColor=#b7daf0 align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=10></TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff width=632><!-- START OF : div id="story"--><!-- story contains story1 then story2 --><!-- START OF : div id="story1"--><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Home > ST Forum > Online Story
</TR>
<!-- headline one : start --><TR>Pricey hawker fare - eight mini fishballs for $6
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->MY DAUGHTER bought me a ticket to enjoy Cinderella On Ice at the Esplanade Theatre.
I was there at about 6.30pm, just in time for dinner as the show started at 8pm. So I went to the only nearby open-air hawker centre to order a bowl of fishball soup. A hefty young man told me I could have five fishballs for $4 or eight for $6. I succumbed and ordered what I hoped would be the most expensive quality fishballs in my life, forgoing the quantity at other food centres.
To my dismay, a big bowl came to my table with soup up to the brim, a few slices of canned shredded button mushroom, a leaf of lettuce and eight tasteless mini fishballs easily obtainable at any supermarket.
My question is, was I overcharged or did I get a fair deal?
Rowland Koh

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If that idiot was there at 6.30 he could have easily gone to anywhere nearby e.g Marina Square or Suntec, even Bugis Junction food court, have his dinner and make it back in time for the show.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop complaining lah, visit Opera food court at ION Orchard! $8 for a plate of Hokkien mee and $5.80 for a plate of Chicken lice!

A man have to EAT!