• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pri Sch Students Are Teachers' Customers?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is that right?
'Punishments included pulling the hair and hitting their heads with books. But all that this teacher received was a warning.'
MR LEE SHI KAI: 'Recently, my granddaughter, a Raffles Girls' Primary School pupil, and three of her Primary3 classmates were punished several times by their maths teacher for getting their sums wrong. The punishments included pulling the hair, tweaking the ears and hitting their heads with their maths books. My granddaughter and her classmates ended up in tears. My son and I reported the matter and met the principal on Thursday. But I was disappointed with her measures. She said the teacher was warned and that her classes would be monitored. All that this teacher received was a warning for punishing four P3 girls. I hope the authorities will investigate the matter.'

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>What does Mr Lee Shi Kai and his son expect the school principal to do then? We do not know the full facts of the case save those provided by the complainant. The teacher in question, as was the case for all teachers who were the subject of parental complaints, had no recourse to give his/her side of the story publicly. Civil servants are not allowed to write to the mass media to present their side of the story. I suggest there might have been other reasons to tip the teacher over the usual tolerance level. Of course the teacher, in pulling the girls' hair and hitting them with the books, had erred. The errant teacher had been counseled and would be monitored to ensure she walks the straight and narrow henceforth. Try to be more forgiving and less prone to bay for the blood of the teacher. Teachers nowadays have their hands tightly bound over the corporal punishment issue. There will be some teachers whose patience and tolerance which had been severely tested by the kids of today ( an entirely different kettle of fish from those of yesteryear).The flash point caused a momentary loss of control for which the teacher had had to face the music subsequently. Teachers are also forbidden to use terms like "lazy", "naughty", "playful", "quarrelsome" etc as these are deemed taboo and would impact negatively on the kids' mental, psychological or emotional growth. If more parents give teachers the strong support they need to rein in errant kids, the latter would be very appreciative of the endorsement. The fact is present day parents are over-protective of their kids, and would march straight into the principal's office to vent their anger or dissatisfaction over trivial issues. School heads do have their work cut out to manage these demanding and vocal parents and grandparents.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: grandfather at Sat Aug 29 07:26:27 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is totally nothing wrong in getting the answer wrong. Instead on finding out why the student got it all wrong, the teachers blame the students for getting wrong instead of looking into her teaching methods.

All these sinkies will develop a bunch of good for nothing in the society who only fear and feel bad of himself without being successful.

The kid is innocent and need the help of some quality education to bring out the good qualities of human beings into the society but alas, this teacher only develop sinkies into the society.