• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC Bitches Abt Her Car Being Clamped

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - PRC Bitches Abt Her Car Being Clamped</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">SGNEWSALTE <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">9:01 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>2586.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>PRC from Shanghai lend her hubby carpark label to a friend. When her hubby's car got clamped for illegal parking becos there was no carpark label displayed and kena fined, this PRC starts bitching about it. Is this what Singaporean guys are serving their national service for? To protect the properties of these PRC trash?
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,183665,00.html?

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Owner told to pay $4,000 in parking fees</TD><TD>
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=font12w>Clamped for parking in own condo
A HOUSEWIFE has been slapped with a $4,000 bill after her husband's BMW 730i was clamped for illegal parking in a condominium.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=150 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_CSCLAMPt.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]--PICTURE: MDM FANG JUN[/SIZE][/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
What is unusual about this case is that her family are residents in the condo.
The pregnant woman had lent the car's parking label to a friend who was running errands for her.
The unusually high charges was for 20 days of 'illegal parking' at the Water Place condominium in Tanjong Rhu Road.
The absence of a parking label had made it seemed that the BMW belonged to a visitor - hence the clamping for parking in a resident's lot.
Mrs June Li, 36, who is five months' pregnant, said her husband had been away on business since 1 Sep.
As she was not fit to drive, she had no idea their car had been clamped since 21 Oct.
Under the condo's rules, a fee of $200 is imposed for each day the car is clamped.
Property management firm Knight Frank, which runs the management committee (MC), removed the clamp on Monday after Mrs Li agreed to place the parking label back on her husband's car.
But her troubles are not over as it has not waived the clamping fee.
Mrs Li, whose family is from Shanghai, said she had been stressed by the chain of events, which started when one of her units was broken into on 24 Aug.
The family owns two 1,200 sq ft units in Water Place where they have been living since 2006. They bought the second unit last year so their extended family members could stay there during visits.
On the break-in, Mrs Li said: 'I was on holiday when it happened and I had to cut my trip short because of it. I was so stressed that I had a bleeding incident on 1 Sep.'
The police told The New Paper that a television worth $4,000 and a laptop were missing from Mrs Li's unit, and investigations are ongoing.
Mrs Li, who has two daughters aged 7 and 2, was hospitalised for five days and advised to remain in bed after being discharged.
To make it easier for her family friend, Mr Lennon Chng, to take her elder daughter to school and back, she let him use the parking label on her husband's car.
She said: 'My husband is often overseas for business and he won't be back till December. So I thought it would be convenient for Lennon so he wouldn't have to fill up a visitor's form each time he comes here.'
She said the MC had called her before clamping her husband's car, asking her to replace the missing label.
'I explained my immobility and the burglary to them. I also explained this was why I had lent the label to my friend.'
She claimed the caller told her they would meet her later on this matter but they did not follow up.
She said she knew about the clamping when the MC called her on 21 Oct, but still did not meet them on the matter, citing her immobility.
'I know I flouted the condo's rules by transferring the label to my friend. But they shouldn't clamp my husband's car since they know we're residents.'
Parking label confiscated
On 28 Oct, Mr Chng was driving Mrs Li's mother and maid into the condo when a Knight Frank staff member confiscated the parking label.
Mrs Li got her lawyer, Mr Joseph Chen, to write to Knight Frank, demanding an explanation and requesting that her husband's car be released. The firm explained that the label was taken from Mr Chng's car as it did not tally with his licence plate number.
Mr Pragas Krishnan, a facility manager at Water Place, told The New Paper the situation arose because of Mrs Li's failure to act promptly.
'We have a bylaw which states that the clamping fee will accumulate if action isn't taken. If Mrs Li had returned the label to her husband's car immediately, she would just have to pay the flat fee of $200,' he said.
'All Mr Chng has to do is to fill up the visitor's form when he comes. He doesn't need the label as he never parks overnight here.'
As for Mrs Li's claims that no one from the MC turned up to discuss the matter, Mr Pragas said: 'There's only so much we can do. It's the residents' responsibility to ensure their cars display the labels and to come to our office to resolve such issues.'
So the clamping fee dispute remains unresolved.
'I just hope the committee can understand my situation and reconsider the fee,' Mrs Lee said.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pregnant woman had lent the car's parking label to a friend who was running errands for her.

Another idiot here. Doesn't she know that the label is non-transferable? And she want to bitch about it? She should to go back to where she belongs. To her shit hole in China.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a PRC to own a car here, she is filthy rich.

Free PRs from immigration !

No big deal ! A mistress here while her husband around the world for a whole lot of fun !

Infinite stupidity ! No bounds !

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Harbor 3rd World mentality and act high class, bring rubbish and craps to Singapore.

When such barbarian stayed in a lawless place for too long, these barbarians can't adapt to the civilized world.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another idiot here. Doesn't she know that the label is non-transferable? And she want to bitch about it? She should to go back to where she belongs. To her shit hole in China.
she thought its transferable like how they practice for their passport.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this case, the MC is to be blamed also. And yes, I don't give a damn about the bye-law because flexibility can be easily exercised here.

This is not something new. Its has been happening since the first condos were built in Pandan Valley.

Handling over labels, plus a variety of abuses. Handing over labels and gate entry electronic passes and keys to use the gym and pools is a time honoured tradtions with foreigners. This applies right across the spectrum from third world to 1st world foreigners.

MCST and Property Mgmt companies are very well aware of these things. They will keep an eye and then move in when there is an opportunity to get them red handed. When caught, most will meekly pay the fine while some will call upon the gods, try to take over the MSCT, stand for elections to get their back.

Unless the MCST is a greenhorn, nobody is going to look for the chap to negotiate.

Singaporeans on the other hand are well know for others abuses such as flower pots on common space, unable to control barking dog, complain about noise on a weekend evening when everyone is having a jolly good timeabout .

One thing I don't like about the press or stomp is their habit of making the complainant look like a dill like in this case.

ps. the interesting here is the complainst will come from other foreigners.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a PRC to own a car here, she is filthy rich.

She's dirt poor just like many singkeeland peasants.... the $$$ belongs to her "laogong" :biggrin: ..... and that PRC bitch tinks she is FT & above the law :mad: Bloody bitch should be fed to Omar the white tiger :biggrin: