• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pratamen Cheat Students!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 21 Apr, 2009 21:57
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Is it fair to charge sec school students $5.50 for pratas and drink?

One plain prata costs $1 while a wintermelon canned drink costs $2.50. This was what STOMPer Hadi and his friends had to pay when they visited a prata shop along Arab Street last Saturday (April 18).

Hadi tells STOMP:

"Last saturday, April 18, my friends and I went to Arab Street.

"Upon reaching, we decided to have breakfast.

"So we had our breakfast at one restaurant named Al-Baik Mariam Restaurant at Jalan Penang near Sultan Mosque.

"We ate prata kosong.

"One of my friends bought two prata kosong and we were shocked when she said that it was $2.00.

"$1.00 for one prata kosong?

"It's so expensive compared to other prata stalls which sell prata kosong for 50 cents to 70 cents.

"At first I thought that they cheated us because we were secondary school kids and they can easily cheat us, but later we thought that it was expensive because the restaurant is in the CBD area.

"So we just ignored it.

"Then, one of my friends bought three prata kosong and a wintermelon canned drink (the normal can that we can get at a supermarket for about 80 cents - $1).

"We were shocked when my friend said that they charged him $5.50 for three prata kosong and a wintermelon canned drink.

"It's so expensive. They must have overcharged us because we are still young and they think that they can easily cheat us.

"It's not worth it. I can buy a KFC meal with that amount of money.

"If they charge $2 for two prata kosong, they will charge $3 for three.

"If the bill was $5.50, then the price of the wintermelon canned drink that my friends bought is $2.50.

"I can buy two big, nicer drinks at a fast food restaurant.

"We felt cheated.

"Is that the real price or are we getting cheated?

"We hope that somebody will take action to prevent students or young people from being cheated and overcharged!"

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>