• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Posting through a proxy.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suppose you post a msg on a forum through a proxy.

The authorities want to track you. So the ip address of ur posting shows the proxy server your using but the authorities suspect your posting from the country itself.

Is it possible for them to check every single isp in sg that connects to that proxy server in hopes of finding the person who posted that msg on the forum.

This means go thru the logs of all the isps in sg that connected to that proxy server to find the poster.

Is this a very complicated task or is it fairly easy since sg only has a handful of isps.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If your proxy do allow you to receive encrypt message, probably you are ok.

Another thought.

Spam bot post messages automatically from a server. So, I suppose if you have your own webhost, you may do your own encrypting of your message posting to your site first, decrypt and send that message to whatever forum?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If your proxy do allow you to receive encrypt message, probably you are ok.

Another thought.

Spam bot post messages automatically from a server. So, I suppose if you have your own webhost, you may do your own encrypting of your message posting to your site first, decrypt and send that message to whatever forum?

Does the govt have a case on you if say they scan all the isps and find that your ip has been connecting to that proxy server the proxy server which has the same ip address of the msg posted on forum.

I dunno if stuff sent thru the internet are encrypted.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
There must be some kind of contract in place between all the ISP as in the case of Hackers being caught.

However I know nuts about the legal side, only an IT guy. Sorry can't help any further.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People who are posting critiques of the PAP are just a reflection of the the anger with the familee/PAP policies. If they are going to go after all the individuals the prisons would soon be full. Where are they going to put everyone:confused: Sentosa :biggrin:

So many people are facing financial difficulties, so even if the old man starts suing everyone, it would eat into the old mans limited time. :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They now have their own IT people attached to the ISPs :biggrin:

What i mean is say they find out the ip in a forum is from a proxy. Is it possible for them to scan all the isps that connect to that proxy in the hopes that they can maybe locate a poster.

Is this feasible?

Is it a very difficult task?

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use virtual tunnel proxies with https that will encrypt you.

Chain that with other anonymous proxy in tandem.

Then write to your heart content.

They can scan and scan all they like

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
What i mean is say they find out the ip in a forum is from a proxy. Is it possible for them to scan all the isps that connect to that proxy in the hopes that they can maybe locate a poster.

Is this feasible?

Is it a very difficult task?

Most ISPs / authorities are equipped with 'predator' software that can do it - and even much more than what you have enquired about. And in an instant.

Perhaps you may wish to think twice before you embark on doing some crazy things that is fermenting in your head.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The authorities want to track you. So the ip address of ur posting shows the proxy server your using but the authorities suspect your posting from the country itself.

Is it possible for them to check every single isp in sg that connects to that proxy server in hopes of finding the person who posted that msg on the forum.

This means go thru the logs of all the isps in sg that connected to that proxy server to find the poster.

Is this a very complicated task or is it fairly easy since sg only has a handful of isps.

Isn't it better to let PAP know what you are doing? You can do it openly to show your displeasure and unhappiness.

I thought that is what it should be. How come u scare here scare there? Oh yes, you are a sinkie.. i forgot.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I ask who owns the ISPs in Singapore?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't it better to let PAP know what you are doing? You can do it openly to show your displeasure and unhappiness.

I thought that is what it should be. How come u scare here scare there? Oh yes, you are a sinkie.. i forgot.

Just shaddup you moron. Who ever said anything about PAP or shit like that?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There must be some kind of contract in place between all the ISP as in the case of Hackers being caught.

However I know nuts about the legal side, only an IT guy. Sorry can't help any further.

tell me about the technical side then. What hackers are u talking about?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

technically it's possible for hacker to take your ip and start postings messages across the internet.

sure lose in court cases. if there are any.

if you boh chee, keep quiet loh...:biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
technically it's possible for hacker to take your ip and start postings messages across the internet.

sure lose in court cases. if there are any.

if you boh chee, keep quiet loh...:biggrin:

If the hacker took your ip address how to have chee or bo chee?

I'm asking a technical question here, quit putting in worthless 1 cent commentary about what PAP wu chee bo chee.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

About hackers or virus creators get caught, am sure you read a lot in the news.

Anyway, besides, my first suggestion, if your company has a corporate network, most if not all do not pass through any ISP providers, so there won't be any trace of your message locally.

Back to my first suggestion.

1. Get a overseas website.
2. Encrypt your message.
3. Write a script to upload your message and another to decrypt at your webhost and send to whatever proxy or forum.

You can write your own encryption/decryption for added kiasuism. Anyway, it's very simple.

An idea, reverse your character bits, and then reverse any number of characters, repeat all, then append random nonsense in front and back of messages.:biggrin::biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
About hackers or virus creators get caught, am sure you read a lot in the news.

Anyway, besides, my first suggestion, if your company has a corporate network, most if not all do not pass through any ISP providers, so there won't be any trace of your message locally.

Back to my first suggestion.

1. Get a overseas website.
2. Encrypt your message.
3. Write a script to upload your message and another to decrypt at your webhost and send to whatever proxy or forum.

You can write your own encryption/decryption for added kiasuism. Anyway, it's very simple.

An idea, reverse your character bits, and then reverse any number of characters, repeat all, then append random nonsense in front and back of messages.:biggrin::biggrin:

LOL that's too much trouble. A vpn would simply be better.

Anyway think about this.

JUst simply talking about proxies.

There's tons of info coming from all isps in sg.

They find the ip address of said proxy. UNLESS the proxy provider lets them see the logs. How in the hell can they trace? You chain another proxy in, the out going info from isp cannot be located to that proxy.