• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

POSB, the peoples' bank?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
POSB after being taken over by DBS still got the nerve and cheek to claim itself as the "people's bank".

the latest interest rate announced today was a miserable 0.125% pa or a quarter of a per cent, i.e for every $1, u get only a qtr cent back as interests after 365days.

POSB before and after DBS takeover was heaven & hell apart!

b4 dbs, posb was indeed the undisputed PEOPLES' BANK. it didn't charge and compel one to maintain a minimum monthly balance. but now - the aftermath of dbs's takeover, POSB imposes a minimum charge of $2 if balance is kept below $500. last time, it offered FREE services to cheque/current account for the convenient of paperless payment.

now, it's $10 per cheque books of 50 pcs or 20c per every cheque issued. cheque service is deductable from ur saving account at $2 per mth - every month whether u use or don't issue any cheque.

if u r writing say about 5 cheques a month to pay your bills, each cheque would cost u about 40c plus the cost of ea cheq at 20c making it a total of 60c per cheque issued.

JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THAT THEY STILL GOT THE CHEEK TO CLAIM THEMSELVES AS PEOPLES' BANK?

citibank and other foreign banks like standard chartered are offering FREE CHEQUES!

dbs is very evil and cunning to ve taken over POSB's enormous peoples' savings but short-changed every POSB account holder the value-added free services once POSB privileged it to all their account holders.

it was a good thing that my li'l brother LEETAHSAR enlightened me on this during one makan session. many of our makan kakis had also terminated that parasitising checking service.

have u terminated yours by the way?:biggrin:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<dbs is very evil and cunning to ve taken over POSB's enormous peoples' savings but short-changed every POSB account holder the value-added free services once POSB privileged it to all their account holders.>>

This is why it is called "People's Bank"

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the rounding up of all old POSB a/c holders under the mercy of DBS is a sickening monopoly and profiteering financial con job that left many posb a/c holders with no alternatives but to bear painfully with it.

the reason is clear. last time POSB being a true PEOPLES' BANK also provided GIRO services and many have giro their monthly regular bills using this. if one were to terminate POSB and transfer to a new and friendlier bank, he would have to re-do and re-apply all those GIRO services which could be quite tedious and headache.

DBS should be sue thoroughly for the abuse of such takeover of POSB and neglecting its once prestine POSB valuable services.

the bloody gov just ignore this problem with both eyes close presumably DBS being an entity belong to tamasick which is the gov's deep pockets. what a sickening shit to them!:oIo:

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
0.125% pa is not quarter of a per cent. It's 1 eighth

Hahaha, that shows how much education LEE TARSHAR has. Can't even do math properly.

1/8 of a percent? Still not as bad as one time in HK where the bank charge you interest for putting money in account!

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Homo Pervert LeeTahBar

Have you found a job yet?

Please give me your POSB account number

If I deposit some $$ in it, will you stop abusing your old father??

I really feel sorry for him

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha, that shows how much education LEE TARSHAR has. Can't even do math properly.

1/8 of a percent? Still not as bad as one time in HK where the bank charge you interest for putting money in account!

my li'l brother LEETAHSAR is a PSLE dropout.:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Homo Pervert LeeTahBar

Have you found a job yet?

Please give me your POSB account number

If I deposit some $$ in it, will you stop abusing your old father??

I really feel sorry for him

poor ah guan! are u infatuated with the lauhumku of my li'l brother LEETAHSAR? he's merrily bonking away in hatyai now. could u be that stalker whom i met in LTS' home on that fateful night?:rolleyes:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
and yes! everyone should applaud AH GUAN. i believe he would be so passionately donating his angpow $ to the ninja cause of SDP.

applause please!!:biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come i have the dire feeling that later POSB might start charging account holders using its GIRO services? would they stoop to such cheapo antics?:oIo:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't pretend lah ...

LeeTahBar aka LeeTahSar aka Pinky Clown

You better stop beating your father over money

You will end up in jail

Or maybe you just like to be sodomised by Malay men inside Changi Prison....?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah. Citibank and Bank of America all zombie banks fuelled by greedy bankers and in the end bailed out with taxoayers money while paying themselves big bonuses

Singapore also lost so much money on these banks

DBS service no good and charges all kinds of fees

THE UNDISPUTED BEST BANK HERE IS BANK OF CHINA

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah. Citibank and Bank of America all zombie banks fuelled by greedy bankers and in the end bailed out with taxoayers money while paying themselves big bonuses

Singapore also lost so much money on these banks

DBS service no good and charges all kinds of fees

THE UNDISPUTED BEST BANK HERE IS BANK OF CHINA

ALL BANKS ARE LEECHES...the best bank is the KGB tin can which you can hide under ur bed...choose ur fav flavour so your it can blend nicely with the wonderful smell of money...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DBS should have change all Posbank to DBS bank what for still remain Posbank if all follow DBS management.
Before take over by DBS Posbank is really good with many free service. But after DBS aka Dumb Bank of Singapore take over so many changes.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
DBS should have change all Posbank to DBS bank what for still remain Posbank if all follow DBS management.
Before take over by DBS Posbank is really good with many free service. But after DBS aka Dumb Bank of Singapore take over so many changes.

So why do you still have an account with them?

I closed all my POSB & DBS accounts long long time ago :p