• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Poodle Kenna Hum Tam by Youth

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teens arrested for beating up off-duty cop
by Shaffiq Alkhatib
05:55 AM Jan 07, 2010

SINGAPORE - He was off duty when he saw four teenagers smoking at a playground, and he chided them for it.

Senior Staff Sergeant (SSSG) Lim Lye Hock even told them he is a policeman.

But that did not stop the group from beating him up at a nearby block of flats on June 27 last year.

One of the teens, Sanjay Arvind Hoondal, claimed that SSSG Lim, 33, did not show them his warrant card, and that was why they ganged up on him.

In a district court yesterday, Sanjay and Mosadiq Agustino Musa, both unemployed, pleaded guilty to voluntary causing hurt to SSSG Lim, who had abrasions on all four limbs.

SSSG Lim was at the playground on the fourth floor of Tampines Mall shopping centre with his wife and children when he spotted Sanjay puffing away. This despite a sign nearby stating that doing so is prohibited.

The cop told the teen to stub out but his orders fell on deaf ears. Instead, two other members of the group asked SSSG Lim what he wanted.

The policeman then told the boys to wait while he notified the police of their actions. In his call, SSSG Lim said the youngsters had challenged him to a fight.

The group walked off shortly after this but SSSG Lim tailed them as he wanted to inform his colleagues of their whereabouts.

When they reached the void deck of nearby Block 418, Mosadiq asked the cop what he wanted. Another member of the group, Muhammad Fazly Shadub then allegedly shoved SSSG Lim in the chest and a scuffle broke out.

The boys rained blows onto SSSG Lim, stopping only when they heard somebody shouting that police officers were in the vicinity.

All four were arrested after investigations were launched after the assault.

Sanjay and Mosadiq will be sentenced on Jan 27.

Another co-accused, Marcus Jasveer Sandhu, had pleaded guilty on Dec 30 and will be sentenced on Jan 20. Fazly will be dealt with separately.

If convicted, the teenagers could each be jailed a maximum of two years and fined a maximum of $5,000.

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC100107-0000052/Teens-arrested-for-beating-up-off-duty-cop

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4 v 1. I dun think even a martial arts expert can avoid getting a beating with that kind of odds

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCB...Poodle think he DUA KEE. Never show his identity, expect ppl to believe he poodle!

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
4 v 1. I dun think even a martial arts expert can avoid getting a beating with that kind of odds

Only 2 days ago one of our national silat champion kenna whacked by 10 guys until conveyed to TTSH by ambulance for head injuries.

He was teaching a silat class at the CC's street soccer court..... and some guys wanted to play soccer there..... the CC chased the guys away..... they left and later returned with reinforcements and walloped the silat instructor.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
pic.php

http://www.facebook.com/people/Lim-Lye-Hock/651087127

Is this our hero? Or person of same name?

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only 2 days ago one of our national silat champion kenna whacked by 10 guys until conveyed to TTSH by ambulance for head injuries.

He was teaching a silat class at the CC's street soccer court..... and some guys wanted to play soccer there..... the CC chased the guys away..... they left and later returned with reinforcements and walloped the silat instructor.

Many years ago one TKD black belt instructor named Nordam(?) Lam also got whacked by 10 guys and went to hospital

Lesson learnt: when it's 10-on-1, just run lah

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal

Which CC?
PAP ward or Opposition? :rolleyes:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Basically Martial arts or any fighting style is only good for 1 v 1. I used to teach and practice martial arts and probably can escape from a 2 v 1 fight without getting hammered too badly. Seriously all fights should be avoided and if U are facing more then 1 person, run. Unless U can't outrun them then try your best to defend yourself. If U are facing 2 guys, try to get and stay behind one of them and use him as a shield.

They only real life incident that I can remember where 1 v 2 and that 1 guy won was when a world champion boxer KO 2 idiots who tried to rob him. Then again, most of us are nowhere near his level of fighting abilities

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dun think it is just because they cannot use the soccer court.
I believe there is more to this case than was reported...... the martial arts community is very complicated one. :rolleyes:

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically Martial arts or any fighting style is only good for 1 v 1. I used to teach and practice martial arts and probably can escape from a 2 v 1 fight without getting hammered too badly. Seriously all fights should be avoided and if U are facing more then 1 person, run. Unless U can't outrun them then try your best to defend yourself. If U are facing 2 guys, try to get and stay behind one of them and use him as a shield.

They only real life incident that I can remember where 1 v 2 and that 1 guy won was when a world champion boxer KO 2 idiots who tried to rob him. Then again, most of us are nowhere near his level of fighting abilities

There is a world of difference between martial arts for competition and martial arts for survival.

You can be a world champion competitor or a 6th or 7th or 8th dan black belt holder (most likely you'll not be able to survive a streetfight).

But someone who practise martial arts for survival should be able to take care of himself in a streetfight even if he is only a white belt. :p

My uncle teaches Ngoh Chor in Seremban.
His son refuse to train with him and took up TKD instead and went on to win several competitions and is a 4th degree black belt. One day my uncle asked his son to spar with his Ngor Chor disciples. The son kenna walloped. :p

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun think it is just because they cannot use the soccer court.
I believe there is more to this case than was reported...... the martial arts community is very complicated one. :rolleyes:

This was what I was told by my Malay friend: Because of the spiritual element of silat, practioners will often be tempted by extraordinary events to get in trouble... hantus, pontianak, gangsters, random soccer players etc..

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal

I tried 1 v 3 during my younger days best part was they want to humtam me but later run away without laying a hand on me. Was drinking at a coffeeshop 1 afternoon when 3 young punks was yelling and shouting like their father owns the place. I shouted CB lah KP simi LJ. 3 of them walked over and asked me " Uncle u don't know die ar?" I took my bottle of beer by the neck and smashed it against the floor and said " I know but b4 I die I make sure 1 of u follow me to meet him " They back off and later walked away. I didn't stay for long too hehe after paying for the broken bottle I siam also hehe:p

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dunno... also want to find out...

Used to coach us. Found him quite an ok guy. Dunno who he offended outside. 10 on 1... must be quite serious

Maybe not even his fault....... could be he just happened to belong to the "wrong" organisation :rolleyes: