• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Police Officer Killed In Highway Accident Trying To Save Colleague

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3N55mqhFbL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zhejiang Province, E China - June 21, 2012

Police officer Wu Lianbiao
showed a great deal of bravery and selflessness as he saved his colleague from
being hit by an oncoming heavy-duty truck on Thursday in east China's Zhejiang Province that resulted in his
own death.

Being a highway patrol officer at the Jinhua Highway Traffic Police Detachment, Wu Lianbao was on duty
handling a traffic accident on an overpass on the Dongyang section of the Zhuyong Expressway around 05:00
on Thursday morning when a truck loaded with sandstone turned on its side, causing a traffic jam.

"We received the call and headed to the accident spot to handle it. The sandstones were scattered all over from
the truck and it was stuck on the road for some two hours", said Lu Bing, auxiliary police officer of the Jinhua
Traffic Police Detachment.

Lu said after they got the situation sorted out, it was already 07:00 in the morning. By then, Wu's night shift
had come to an end. However, to ensure the safety of the people and vehicles at the accident site, he stayed
to maintain traffic order. Suddenly, an out of control heavy-duty truck arrived on the scene. It was just about
to hit Lu Bing when Wu pushed him away but was hit by the truck himself.

"He suddenly pushed me away and then I heard 'bang'. After I realized what had happened, I looked for him
everywhere. I found a pool of blood and looked down the overpass. Then I found him lying on the ground
below the bridge," Lu Bing recalled.

After falling down the 9.5-meter high overpass, Wu made his last phone call to his leaders.

"Around 08:00 in the morning, I received his call. His voice was quite weak. He said he was hit and asked for
help. He told us to see if the truck hurt anybody else," said Zhu Jianhong, deputy-head of the third brigade
of the Jianhua Traffic Detachment.

After the accident, Wu was immediately taken to the hospital, suffering serious injuries. He passed away at
14:40 on Friday.

The cause of the accident is still under investigation.

Wu Lianbiao, a member of the Jinhua Highway Traffic Police Detachment since 2005, was born in Cangnan
County of Wenzhou City, Zhejiang Province.