• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee's speech tonight: Your wishes

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wishes...

1) Singapore to expand its Foreign Talent immigration policy, but more selectively

In other words, open the doors wider to PRC but to have most of these being university graduates, Every year there are 6 million PRC grads - just import 10% of these and the quality of our stock will improve

2) Signal the expansion of housing land by turning all golf courses in Singapore into residential area

3) Signal reduction in GST, impose high transaction tax on second property and above

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
My wish for him not to make a fool of himself anymore. It's highly embarrassing for all sinkies.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wishes...

1) Singapore to expand its Foreign Talent immigration policy, but more selectively

In other words, open the doors wider to PRC but to have most of these being university graduates, Every year there are 6 million PRC grads - just import 10% of these and the quality of our stock will improve

2) Signal the expansion of housing land by turning all golf courses in Singapore into residential area

3) Signal reduction in GST, impose high transaction tax on second property and above

My wishes:
1. Keep the ndp speech within 10 minutes
2. step down, please

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Hi,
Yesterday when I read what our MM Lee said, my heart really sank! He said that Singapore needs foreign talents while I have no objections on that but when he further touched on the subject of protecting the citizens rights to housing and medical (my understanding should be affordable housing and medical benefits), I really feel sad! Either he was ignorant or was trying to divert our attention that from early this year onwards, middle income group could only enjoy 65% of subsidies when opt into government hospital C ward! Middle income group pay the most taxes like income tax, tv and radio licences, property tax etc, is that what we get in return? I hate myself for loving you should be changed to I hate myself to be a born Singaporean!

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: mingsuny at Sat Aug 15 18:02:58 SGT 2009

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>The $ factor is more impt to the govt. We're slowly becoming Chinapore.

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: thegreyguy at Sat Aug 15 14:05:54 SGT 2009

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>My wish list :

0% unemployment for ALL Singaporeans
100% medical subsidy for ALL retirees
Free childcare for ALL kids below 6 to encourage births
PRs come after Singaporeans for P1 registration
Stop to further immigration
Nothing on 'Clear your tables after Food'
Developing local talents

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: suakusuaku at Sat Aug 15 13:51:26 SGT 2009

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>My wish list:

Minsters would take a pay cut of at least 50%.
Free schooling and text books for primary and secondary schooling.
Attendance fee and medication cost at govt clinics cut to the same level as in Johore.
Once a month 50% discount on entrance fees to all paid entry Singapore attraction - govt pay the difference to operators.
Free and easy entry to Sentosa 365 days.
All day concession travel to all citizens aged 60 and above.

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: commentator_sc at Sat Aug 15 13:19:13 SGT 2009

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>