• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Phone scare scams: What do police advise?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Phone scare scams: What do police advise?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->YESTERDAY'S letter, "Take action against phone scare scams", reminded me that I had recently received a scam call as well.

On April 8, I received a telephone call from someone who pretended to be my son. He was sobbing as he spoke in Mandarin, telling me that he was in trouble.
I asked who he was and he said he was my son. When I asked for his name, his reply was: "I am your son, you don't know my name?"
Then the caller hung up.
The problem is, I do not have a son. Can the police advise us what to do when we receive such calls? Ong Leng Mui (Ms)

1-2.jpg

U asking me? I donch know lah! *chey*

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the complainant is foreigners or new shitizen, Police will issue case and take care of you, but if you are singaporean, police will tell go home and sleep since no open case for you.

Police standard procedure in singapore for singaporean birth right but double-standard for non singaporean and new shitizen.