• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

People's Park Complex Turned Into Coolie FTrash Quarters!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Crowded illegal 'dorms' a concern amid flu threat
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I AM writing this with great concern amid the Influenza A (H1N1) alert. I fear for the health of my family living in People's Park Complex in Chinatown.
Since last year, many units have been converted by new buyers who have put in double-decker beds. A 1,119 sq ft unit has 20 people. The whole unit, including the living room and kitchen, is converted into bedrooms. These beds are rented mainly to Filipino, Indonesian and Chinese workers and tourists and the landlords charge $200 per bed per month.
The overcrowding in these units and in the lifts - which are jam-packed every morning and every night - has made my family very worried. There are usually 15 people packed like sardines into each lift. What makes it worse is one or two of the three lifts break down often and the congestion is worse then. After each group leaves the lift, the body odour and smell of stale air linger. There is no time for the air to clear because of the heavy use every hour of the day.
The people staying here in short-term accommodation fly in and out of Singapore often. With the flu alert at orange, I am really worried for my health and that of my family. My mother is 82 and her immunity is low. I fear she will catch a virus from these transient tenants who will make contact- tracing difficult.
Beverly Lee (Miss)

2jdrfp2.jpg

I donch know! Donch ask me! U die is ur own biz! *tata*
<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->