• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

People & Power - Human trade - SG in the spotlight.

fox_hound_33

Alfrescian
Loyal
If "survival of the fittest" applies to the animal kingdom then "survival of the most unscrupulous" applies to humans. This worker's story is the same everywhere; dubai, malaysia...and i am quite shocked that this is happening so blatantly in Singapore. After all isnt singapore supposed to be clean?

MOM is a toothless tiger, the Singaporeans are engrossed in their LVs and condos, the govt as its own agenda to pursue. Who cares what happens to poor people from a third word country?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is that Singaporeans are quite divided on the issue and therefore not much is done for them.

One group doesn't think there should be so many foreigners in the first place. Mind you, it's not that they think they should be ill treated, it's just that they think that is the government's problem.

The other group, obviously, is against inhumane treatment of any human being be it whatever circumstances.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's all about greed....people conning one another just for extra few bucks....this is happening quite often for blue collar workers.

if rich people want to enter heaven...wait long long..

would be interested to know if any MIWs are involved...LOL....

more ammos for oppositions!! ho seh leow!! LOL

wah SGP got 1.68 millions foreign workers? lot'sa monies to be made.....billions!

bunch of crooks who should be arrested...for conning already poor people....some more bangla...who kena typhoon death very jialat jialat every year...

can anybody explain why the shipping industries in SGP are run by seedy people??

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm a bit surprised actually. I thought most in here would be happy that "Sinkies are getting our money back from FTs"

fox_hound_33

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm a bit surprised actually. I thought most in here would be happy that "Sinkies are getting our money back from FTs"

Cheating someone, esp when they are in a vulnerable position, is an ignoble act. I am sure there are other, more noble ways to get sinkies money out of FT. Besides, the money from all these laundering affairs do not go into the hands of the common sinkie on the street, does it? It lines the pockets of the folks who are the very top.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Like I said, depends on which school of thought one belongs to.

Others who are more staunchly against PAP will pick on PAP for both favouring and bringing in "FT" and treating these "FT" shabbily at the same time. It's a hobby. I realise it is very easy to run afoul of speaking on both ends to oppose something on everything, but here people don't care.