• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pedigree Dogs Exposed - Why unqualified People should regulated.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=44215931">Documentary - BBC - Pedigree Dogs Exposed</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=44215931,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=44215931,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

This is an excellent example of why there is a need to ensure that accountability, accreditation and transparency is necessary in all aspects of human activity.

As most people are aware that anyone with no schooling, no background can breed dogs and as long as they follow guidelines put together by other unqualified idiots, this can to a disaster. This is not about dogs but in everything that we do. The classic singapore example is the NKF and the charity sector.

Please see the entire program. As a result of this broadcast, the British Kennel Club has lost its sponsors and its champions. Imagine dabbling in eugenics with no background. Even the Australian Aborigines had strict customs to prevent inbreeding to survive in the harsh outback.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Please see the entire program. As a result of this broadcast, the British Kennel Club has lost its sponsors and its champions. Imagine dabbling in eugenics with no background. Even the Australian Aborigines had strict customs to prevent inbreeding to survive in the harsh outback.

nice documentary, bro, and let us draw that in line with political inbreeding, it's a disaster waiting to unfold.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
nice documentary, bro, and let us draw that in line with political inbreeding, it's a disaster waiting to unfold.

yeah and you and your singaporeans brothers and sisters will pay dearly for it..

i regret to inform you.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, and as I recall you have a much better scientific background to advise these chaps on such basic issues. This has been going for over hundred years and no one dared to say otherwise.

If the producer did not have the moral courage over 2 years to go on this journey, no one will the wiser.

I am seriously wondering if Temasek is on the same boat. The Kennel Club had it own Eugenics export but clearly he was lost and felt comfortable toeing the line.

Its an excellent program and I too began having thoughts what else is out there that is exactly the same. Clearly tells you that 2 party system is a must or else the Emperor would be strutting his stuff with no clothes.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine dabbling in eugenics with no background. Even the Australian Aborigines had strict customs to prevent inbreeding to survive in the harsh outback.

they are not dabbling. they know what they are doing. it is their objectives that is wrong. they are breeding show dogs. dogs that "look good" on the outside but rotten inside.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good view point. So we are not talking about dog lovers, an assumption that most of us make presumptiously.

they are not dabbling. they know what they are doing. it is their objectives that is wrong. they are breeding show dogs. dogs that "look good" on the outside but rotten inside.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I am seriously wondering if Temasek is on the same boat.

i reckoned we have very thought provoking statements here... :eek::eek::eek:
internal checks and balances? a Chinese sayings that goes: 旁观者清, 当局者迷