• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pay $4M to Prataman for Such Nonsense?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - "The Perfect Meal" served to Prataman</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>7:11 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>20091.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>"The Perfect Meal" served to President Nathan & guests
By Lynda Hong, Channel NewsAsia |
Posted: 29 August 2009 2242 hrs
SINGAPORE: Singapore's "Perfect Meal" has finally been served. It was created by the winning chef in Channel NewsAsia's reality TV programme, also titled The Perfect Meal, for some VIPs.

Singapore's President Nathan hosted 15 guests to the four-course meal, presented by chef Muhammad Haikal Johari.

Every dish had to be either inspired by, or a reinvention of, typical dishes that Singaporeans eat every day.

Najib Ali, guest, The Perfect Meal, said: "Every piece of chicken that I tasted was something that I'd never had in my mouth, for all the chicken rice I've eaten in my whole entire life."

Jenny Chua, guest, The Perfect Meal, said: "In the dessert, there were pieces of chillies - caramelised chillies, no doubt, but pieces of chillies. And then there's pandan flavour, there's chocolate flavour and done together in a very good combination."

Haikal's former foes in the competition became his allies for this final round.

The kitchen wars had seen six established chefs being given a fixed budget of S$200 and five hours to shop, cook and present a three-course meal each week.

But that was not their only challenge. They had to get to grips with unfamiliar surroundings, and tools, as well.

Muhammad Haikal Johari, winner, The Perfect Meal, said: "We chefs are always being intimidated by latest gadgets. But at the end of the day, all these gadgets are very helpful."

Chef Haikal has helmed his own restaurant in Bangkok for the last three years.

President Nathan said: "Haikal is prominent in Thailand and it's a reflection of how our people have made their mark on their own effort without too much support from locals." - CNA/vm
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>