• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pathetic State of Overpriced Dental Care. Thanks to Insatiable Greed of 1 Familee!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's wrong with public dental service? My appointment is Jan 2009

STOMPer Dav is puzzled why he has to wait till Jan 2009 before he gets an appointment with the dentist. “Is there not enough dentists in Singapore?” the STOMPer wonders.

In an email to STOMP today (23 Sept), the STOMPer says:

“I tried to make an appointment for my dental care at NHG Toa Payoh Dental Clinic and was told, ‘Our Dental Clinic is operating on a full appointment system. Please call 6355 XXXX to make an appointment.’

“Guess what?! I have to wait until Jan 2009!

“Something is wrong! Not enough dentists in Singapore?”

STOMP contacted NHG and Dr Joseph Soon, Head of Dental Services, says:

“Thank you for highlighting the feedback to us. NHG Polyclinics will actively review our services and appointment system to cope with the strong demand for dental services.

“We would like to thank the writer for sharing his or her experience and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

“Please help us convey to the writer that we would like to offer further assistance in securing an earlier appointment. Our feedback line number is 6496 XXXX should he or she wish to contact us.”

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Pathetic State of Overpriced Dental Care. Thanks to Insatiable Greed of 1 Familee

Just look at the speedy service rich Indons are getting and u shld know why!

Manchu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Pathetic State of Overpriced Dental Care. Thanks to Insatiable Greed of 1 Familee

What's wrong with public dental service? My appointment is Jan 2009

In an email to STOMP today (23 Sept), the STOMPer says:

“I tried to make an appointment for my dental care at NHG Toa Payoh Dental Clinic and was told, ‘Our Dental Clinic is operating on a full appointment system. Please call 6355 XXXX to make an appointment.’

“Guess what?! I have to wait until Jan 2009!

“Something is wrong! Not enough dentists in Singapore?”

STOMP contacted NHG and Dr Joseph Soon, Head of Dental Services, says:

“Thank you for highlighting the feedback to us. NHG Polyclinics will actively review our services and appointment system to cope with the strong demand for dental services.

“We would like to thank the writer for sharing his or her experience and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

“Please help us convey to the writer that we would like to offer further assistance in securing an earlier appointment. Our feedback line number is 6496 XXXX should he or she wish to contact us.”

So many public complaints abt MOH services under Minister Khaw. Now it is abt the Dental Polyclinics.

Dr Joseph Soon, Head of Dental Services NHG Polyclinics, thanked the writer for the feedback. Hey ! Is something seriously wrong with MOH ?
Do they have a Quality Service Manager or Department to monitor the time interval between patient booking and appointment dates ?
Do they have to wait until public complains and then look into such routine matters...MOH always claim their commitment to Patient SERVICE QUALITY commitments .

Or is everyone at MOH "switched off" ?