• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Passenger files police report after argument with bus driver over 50 cents

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/News/The+New+Paper/Story/A1Story20090612-148108.html

Fri, Jun 12, 2009
The New Paper

20090612.162459_50centsfinal.jpg

Passenger files police report after argument with bus driver over 50 cents

[Photo: Mr Poh claims that he was 'slapped' by a bus driver last week when he was on board a bus.]

By Benson Ang

HIP-HOP fans might go to great lengths for feuding rapper 50 cent.

But this Singapore bus passenger is making a song and dance over just 50 cents and a consequent dispute with a bus driver.

He first used a vulgarity on the driver because he could not get a 50-cent rebate, then he made a police report over an alleged slapping incident.

The passenger, Mr Poh Chye Seah, 32, had wanted the 50-cent rebate which is given when passengers switch trains and buses within 45 minutes to continue on their journey.

But Mr Poh, who's self-employed, missed out on the rebate because he had apparently waited for about 45minutes for a bus after alighting from a train.

He told The New Paper that the incident happened on 2 Jun when he was heading home to Bukit Panjang after praying at a temple in Farrer Park.

He does this once a week, usually taking the MRT from Farrer Park to Little India, then the SMRT Bus Service 960 to Bukit Panjang Ring Road.

Mr Poh arrived at Little India station at about 3.50pm, and, according to his police report, started waiting at the bus stop at 4pm.

The first bus arrived after 30 minutes, but he claimed he did not board it because it was packed.

Mr Poh boarded the second bus, which arrived five minutes later.

By the time he scanned his ez-link card on this bus, 45 minutes had lapsed since his previous trip, so he did not receive a rebate.

Mr Poh approached the bus driver, who could not help him with the rebate, and asked him to move along as he was busy.

Mr Poh admitted that he then used a vulgarity on the driver because the latter 'deserved it for his rudeness'.

It is not known if the driver was indeed rude.

Mr Poh then took out his phone to record the driver's name and bus licence plate number.

The next day, he called SMRT to complain about the incident.

Mr Poh claimed that a customer service officer told him that his complaint would be investigated.

Mr Poh alleged that the driver had flipped out his left hand, and the back of the hand made contact with Mr Poh's face.

Mr Poh subsequently alighted along Bukit Panjang Road and made a report at the Bukit Panjang South Neighbourhood Police Post.

He claimed the bus was full and there were no empty seats. However, he did not provide a witness to the incident.

He writes to The New Paper

Mr Poh e-mailed The New Paper after reading a report on 6 Jun about an elderly woman who was punched by a man on board a bus.

Mr Poh also wanted to know why the first bus was late during the off-peak period. The delay, he claimed, caused him to lose his rebate.

He wants a written apology from the driver and a refund of his rebate.

An SMRT spokesman said the delay in Bus Service 960 on 2 Jun was caused by the breakdown of an earlier bus at about 3.30pm, before it left Marina Centre Terminal.

As a result, Mr Poh had to wait longer for Service 960 to arrive at his bus stop.

In general, bus arrival times are also affected by external conditions such as traffic flow, road accidents, construction works and weather conditions, the spokesman said.

SMRT declined to comment on the alleged incident as it was still under investigation.

If the driver is found to be at fault, SMRT will not hesitate to take the necessary disciplinary action, the spokesman said.

This article was first published in The New Paper

johnboy_sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
My muther would have given the driver half ball to get her rebate and then complain to SMRT all the same.

This guy is GREAT. How many would have gone all the way. Buses are late and all kinds of dumb excuses are given.

Most idiotic is that nowadays ,the drivers like to jerk and jerk and then jerk the bus when stopping at the bus bay and jerk and jerk and then jerk somemore when the bus leave the bus bay.

SMRT must teach the drivers to drive properly. My muther would have shown her ccb at these fuckup drivers and there are many of them. Ask around, oh please!!!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT must teach the drivers to drive properly. My muther would have shown her ccb at these fuckup drivers and there are many of them. Ask around, oh please!!!

They are under - paid anyway !

They will just have a alumni to teach new bus drivers to tap brake brake brake on how to torture peasants !

Salary cheap so must achieve 1000 tapping of brake interval for the trip !

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My muther would have given the driver half ball to get her rebate and then complain to SMRT all the same.

This guy is GREAT. How many would have gone all the way. Buses are late and all kinds of dumb excuses are given.

Most idiotic is that nowadays ,the drivers like to jerk and jerk and then jerk the bus when stopping at the bus bay and jerk and jerk and then jerk somemore when the bus leave the bus bay.

Not many will go to extent as this passenger. Only less than 0.0001% mean every one in 1 million. I give him 2 thumb up for his courage but thumb down for his rudeness.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's dulan with this =>

>>>Mr Poh arrived at Little India station at about 3.50pm, and, according to his police report, started waiting at the bus stop at 4pm.

The first bus arrived after 30 minutes, but he claimed he did not board it because it was packed.<<<

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at his face look like those who hang around void decks and coffee shops drinking tiger !

This farker needs a lessons in manners !

johnboy_sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at his face look like those who hang around void decks and coffee shops drinking tiger !

This farker needs a lessons in manners !

He could be the one saving your muther from being knocked down by fuckup bus drivers when they jerk and jerk and jerk their bus out of the bus bay like the road belongs to their great grand-muther.

Or he could be the one fucking the bus driver for jerking his bus until your old lady cannot balance and fall in the bus and break her leg.

Think about it. Whose side should you be on? Use your blain, oh please.

My muther would kiss this guy and have sex with him freely for him teaching these fuckup bus drivers some basic driving civic manners!!!

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys never fails to amaze me. This guy here lost a chance on a rebate, kicks a big fuss and made a mountain out of a molehill, unable to produce any witness nor photoi to back his claim and you guys slam SMRT and the bus driver instead?

Where is the focus? :confused:

Fucking big sore loser, the guy in the article.

johnboy_sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys never fails to amaze me. This guy here lost a chance on a rebate, kicks a big fuss and made a mountain out of a molehill, unable to produce any witness nor photoi to back his claim and you guys slam SMRT and the bus driver instead?

Where is the focus? :confused:

Fucking big sore loser, the guy in the article.

Use your blain. The guy is not an isolated case. He is different because he took it all the way. Many of us would have demanded our rebate, whether it is 5ct or 5million, because of the lousy attitude of these chao chee bye bus drivers.

You don't take bus maybe you donch know about the horrific driving attitude. Try taking a bus and come back to tell me if almost all buses jerk like earthquake upon reaching the bus bay and then do the same upon exiting out of the bus bay or not.

I see so many times passengers hanging on for balance and nearly fall. Nowaways, even the MRT also like that. There has already been complaints to SMRT about the manner the trains are driven nowaways.

So, this guy is perhaps venting the frustration of so many of arse (us). I am proud of him. My muther would have loans her body to him for free for a month for doing what he had done....

Oh please, where is your focus? You actually think it is about the 0.50cts????? Use your blain please.