• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Parents and childre more Siao now....

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
These days, enrichment classes are not the only extras in children's schedules.

Parents are also packing their children off to see psychologists - paying upwards of $100 per hour - fearing that they may have learning disabilities.

Some do so on the advice of teachers. Others do so because their children have problems coping in school, presumably because of the accelerated pace of learning.

TOO TAXING?

'Her maths homework in Primary 2 looked like what I did in Primary 4... It's like she is forced to learn how to cycle and juggle at the same time.'

Lecturer David Chin, on his daughter's Primary 2 homework last year

One 42-year-old parent, who wanted to be known only as Mrs Tan, said her son's Primary 2 form teacher in a local top-tier primary school had complained about his inattentiveness in class and hinted that he might have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
all sorts of siao conditions. siao doctors making tons of money just listening.
your got siaol kids or not?

or siao teachers teaching siao kids?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
all sorts of siao conditions. siao doctors making tons of money just listening.
your got siaol kids or not?

or siao teachers teaching siao kids?

Siao Country.

No other country in the world boasts of such a high level of education while her students are so heavily burdened with private tuition classes. Stupid or not?

Cheers!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can ask LKY why one of his grand children goes to school at the American School. Maybe because he can't cope with the chinese classes:confused:

This option is not open to "lesser mortals" because you need the approval of the "authorities" and $$$.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this is truly tragic. many stressful children esp those in psle classes are tragically stressed! and they do all sorts of things.another tragic group are the sec 4s and the jcs. those who did not make it will do something tragically sad. this stress on academic excellence is driving many into many stressful tragedies! worth it or not?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is truly tragic. many stressful children esp those in psle classes are tragically stressed! and they do all sorts of things.another tragic group are the sec 4s and the jcs. those who did not make it will do something tragically sad. this stress on academic excellence is driving many into many stressful tragedies! worth it or not?

During my day,

PSLE time - learned how to smoke, hangout with classmates, ride bicycles, go swimming at tanah merah beach, play football (more influence from Bruce Lee than Pele), make slingshot, shoot birds and windows.

Sec 4/A level - trying hard to get laid, listen to rock music, trying to keep long hair, habitual use of foul language, faded jeans, marathon sessions at East Coast Beach, smoke pot, learn to ride motorcycles.

Sometimes feel school days were the best times of my life. Feel sorry for the school kids these days.

Cheers!

Last edited:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
During my day,

PSLE time - learned how to smoke, hangout with classmates, ride bicycles, go swimming at tanah merah beach, play football (more influence from Bruce Lee than Pele), make slingshot, shoot birds and windows.

Sec 4/A level - trying hard to get laid, listen to rock music, trying to keep long hair, habitual use of foul language, faded jeans, marathon sessions at East Coast Beach, smoke pot, learn to ride motorcycles.

Sometimes feel school days were the best times of my life. Feel sorry for the school kids these days.

Cheers!

Great! Now you are a successful man and can handle all sorts of things. No more soft.No more wimp. Strong and firm!!! Yah? Now look at our own kids now...soft like tauhu!!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great! Now you are a successful man and can handle all sorts of things. No more soft.No more wimp. Strong and firm!!! Yah? Now look at our own kids now...soft like tauhu!!!

I'm just an ordinary working class Joe - a salesman. I live one day at a time with this motto - win some, lose some, screwup some, hopefully with a favorable ratio.

My child is Canadian born. She is gentle, not soft. Loves animals, and enjoys playing with kids her age, no saturday tuition like her Sg cousins.

Cheers!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm just an ordinary working class Joe - a salesman. I live one day at a time with this motto - win some, lose some, screwup some, hopefully with a favorable ratio.

My child is Canadian born. She is gentle, not soft. Loves animals, and enjoys playing with kids her age, no saturday tuition like her Sg cousins.

Cheers!

good for you! you have discovered a fresher and greener pasture. many of us are here - fighting the fight if there is one...