• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAPee is Sponsoring Racial Riots?!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Staff answering phones must know English
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- 4 or less paragraphs so show all paragraphs first before showing the media and bkstry and stuffs --><!-- story content : start -->RECENTLY, I have had problems trying to communicate with company representatives who answer phone calls. Whenever I call a company to make an inquiry, the officer greets me in Mandarin. Only after I repeat my question in English several times, do I get someone who answers in English. This is rather strange, as we live in a predominantly English-speaking society.
<!-- story content : start -->It can be quite annoying to have to explain that I need someone who speaks English. I hope companies can ensure they employ good English-speaking staff, especially if they are required to answer phone calls or take orders on the phone. <!-- story content : start -->Ishwar Mahtani

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Staff answering phones must know English
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- 4 or less paragraphs so show all paragraphs first before showing the media and bkstry and stuffs --><!-- story content : start -->RECENTLY, I have had problems trying to communicate with company representatives who answer phone calls. Whenever I call a company to make an inquiry, the officer greets me in Mandarin. Only after I repeat my question in English several times, do I get someone who answers in English. This is rather strange, as we live in a predominantly English-speaking society.
<!-- story content : start -->It can be quite annoying to have to explain that I need someone who speaks English. I hope companies can ensure they employ good English-speaking staff, especially if they are required to answer phone calls or take orders on the phone. <!-- story content : start -->Ishwar Mahtani

you no speak Mandarin?, after so many years of SPEAK MANDARIN campaign, you still no speak Mandarin..shame on you!:smile:

even the TV series, Little Nonya, showcasing the peranakan's speak MANDARIN..you still no, speak Mandarin!!?:p

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lousy phone system,

For Engliah press 1.
For Mandarin press 2.
For Malay press 3.
Others - Not welcum.