• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAPee Dog Wanna Learn From China to Install Net Filter!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - I want SG introduce Net filter here !!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:50 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 5) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18717.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Why not introduce Net filter here?
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IN RECENT months, there have been reports on China's plan to introduce an Internet filter.
I wonder if Singapore is planning to introduce such filters to curb certain content on the Internet.
With 90 per cent of Singaporeans having Net access, it is easy for one to obtain tonnes of information, regardless of whether it is accurate or not.
There are educational and children's clips on video-sharing websites, such as YouTube and MetaCafe, that have been remixed to include vulgarities.
It is shocking to know that everyone, even children, can access these videos and learn the wrong things. An Internet filter can restrict their access to such clips.
Tan Shao Ken

[email protected]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:52 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (2 of 6) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18717.2 in reply to 18717.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>So, Mr. Tan intends to for the ISPs to play nanny and ban Youtube for kids? How about better parental guidance and control at home?
delonix_regia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's a lot of work to be done. You should start a nation wide survey on what's good and what's not good, consult experts in new media and communications, hold polls for opinions, and finally come up with a preventive list of what's good and what's not good. I suggest you get started immediately.
In the meantime, allow the rest of discerning thinking people to carry on their unimpeded access to the full spectrum of information available.
Nanny molly cuddling cuddly wussing Orwellian - like mentalities never fail to astound me in this democratic and progressive stage we are at. Little wonder our society is constantly struggling to keep up with matured nations such as the west in terms of acceptance and tolerance.
smartiepantspuff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems that there are still people who can't understand why they call Singapore the Nanny State
NewtonCircusTwo
This is the most shocking suggestion I have seen in a long while. Once you start on this path, all in the name of protecting our chiledren and othet good intentions of course, do you know what else could be filtered out just as easily since the filter is already in place?
There are things we can learn from China (and other countries for that matter), but this isn't one of them.
qwethor888
We must move away from the notion that the 'state' should (and can) control such things in our personal lives. Not only may it be costly and impractical to try and implement a net filter. Users can implement various methods to bypass any filter. More importantly and in principle, we must take greater control of our own lives and the actions of the next generation. The youth cannot be protected from everything all the time. It is best to inculcate good moral and ethical principles and then give them the choice to decide. Parenting brings with it certain obligations that cannot be passed onto the state. http://imranwrites.blogspot.com/
Charro_1968
i am posting this from shanghai. here, u can't access youtube, facebook n a host of other 'undesirable' websites. do u want our govt to do the same? the relevant authority (i think it's the MDA) already has a ban on 100 websites. there is no need to add to that list.
chancmi
methinks Tan Shao Ken is trying to stir **** in a garbage compactor and hope some spills out. Look, I am a parent. I have protected my children by installing net filters on all home PCs. Thank you for your concern Tan Shao Ken but my children are well protected at home. I can't protect them as much outside but I don't want to mollycoddle them so that's fine. For me as an adult, I still want my illicit, slightly guilty weekly dose of burlesque.
clarahan
Why not ban internet in Spore ? Filtering is one of the dumbest thing to do. If people here cannot discern the right and wrong, then don't use the internet.
Parents have a duty to teach kids to live with pollutions of all forms in the virtual world. It is pathetic to see Tan Shao Ken cannot filter for himself what he needs and asking the Govt to step in to nanny the internet.
hotwoks

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like this reply best! One smack on his face to wake him up! LOL..

So, Mr. Tan intends to for the ISPs to play nanny and ban Youtube for kids? How about better parental guidance and control at home?
delonix_regia