• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Town Council can't maintain their estates

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I checked with the Wayang Party Website that Toa Payoh estate is poorly maintained. Wow so dirty. Hong Kan Seng and Ng Eng Hen are in trouble liao...

toapayoh02.jpg

toapayoh03.jpg

toapayoh04.jpg

toapayoh06.jpg

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, so bad !

Bedok south and bedok north are also very jialat .

Blk 538 market, Blk 85 market soon got food poisoning. Very toloh ! Rats are aplenty, cats become their friends.

the size of one rat can grow up to one feet long excluding the tail.

cockroaches in thousands in the refuse chambers.

the bloody rubbish Cte stinks like fcuk every day. You faint straightaway when you step in. Worst than China.

no wonder, now singapore no more first world.

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question here?

I tot our monthly conservancy charges which we pay to Town Councils already cover the waste disposal charges...

Why is such an item reflected in my utility bills leh?

About $6plus per month...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still like Potong Pasir and Hougang, the estate there is filled with peace and calm and all the good of forgotten days....

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol, Why shall we pay so much concervancy tax and refuse disposal tax when the Town Council and refuse disposal companies can't do a proper job in keeping the estate clean, tidy and free of creepy crawers... We demand a refund for the bad services done by the PAP MP's for not visiting the estate often and leaving the estate dirty most of the times.

liketogossip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still like Potong Pasir and Hougang, the estate there is filled with peace and calm and all the good of forgotten days....

indeed these estates r much peaceful and calmer. but the cleaniness level is not much better than other places.

tink its probably due to the lack of teaching ppl to dispose the unwanted stuff properly.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
The funds are reinvested for the long term good of Singapore. Hygiene can wait and the stench doesn't get to the ivory towers high up.

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quoted from Straits Times forum about dirty Kim Keat in Toa Payoh East.

Chronic problem with clearing rubbish
April 3, 2009 by admin
Filed under Letters
Leave a comment
I HAVE been living in Kim Keat Avenue for more than 10 years. During this time, I have lost count of the number of times I have contacted the Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council, HDB branch office and the National Environment Agency (NEA) on rubbish not being cleared in the open areas around the driving range.

The area is cleaned after every complaint. Unfortunately, it is always just that one time until the next complaint. When I ask how often the area is cleaned, I get no answer.

A couple of months ago, I e-mailed NEA regarding the same problem again. The area, as usual, was cleaned within days but, like in the past, that was it. A few weeks later, when I found rubbish accumulating, I contacted the town council, which said it would inform HDB. The area was cleaned, but is back to its unkempt state once more.

Why isn’t there regular cleaning work? If there is, why is the area not cleaned for weeks?

Two days ago, when I passed the area, I saw more than 10 empty PET bottles and drink containers lying on the ground and grass patches. Three of those contained water, with one filled almost to the brim.

What is the point of my ensuring my house and corridor are free of stagnant water when my surrounding areas are breeding grounds for mosquitoes?

Kelly Lek (Ms)

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
New wonder of the world considering it's home affairs territory.

上梁不正下梁歪

The subcontinental workers must be having a field day. Snapping away on their digital cameras and yakking away on their mobile phones.

Quoted from Straits Times forum about dirty Kim Keat in Toa Payoh East.

Chronic problem with clearing rubbish
April 3, 2009 by admin
Filed under Letters
Leave a comment
I HAVE been living in Kim Keat Avenue for more than 10 years. During this time, I have lost count of the number of times I have contacted the Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council, HDB branch office and the National Environment Agency (NEA) on rubbish not being cleared in the open areas around the driving range.

The area is cleaned after every complaint. Unfortunately, it is always just that one time until the next complaint. When I ask how often the area is cleaned, I get no answer.

A couple of months ago, I e-mailed NEA regarding the same problem again. The area, as usual, was cleaned within days but, like in the past, that was it. A few weeks later, when I found rubbish accumulating, I contacted the town council, which said it would inform HDB. The area was cleaned, but is back to its unkempt state once more.

Why isn’t there regular cleaning work? If there is, why is the area not cleaned for weeks?

Two days ago, when I passed the area, I saw more than 10 empty PET bottles and drink containers lying on the ground and grass patches. Three of those contained water, with one filled almost to the brim.

What is the point of my ensuring my house and corridor are free of stagnant water when my surrounding areas are breeding grounds for mosquitoes?

Kelly Lek (Ms)

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been to Potong Pasir recently and I'm surprised that it's quite well maintained by the town council. World class without the cost.

indeed these estates r much peaceful and calmer. but the cleaniness level is not much better than other places.

tink its probably due to the lack of teaching ppl to dispose the unwanted stuff properly.

liketogossip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been to Potong Pasir recently and I'm surprised that it's quite well maintained by the town council. World class without the cost.

i oso been there recently and same as u, i was very impressed at their maintainance work but it was tis instance tat spoiled the perfect image. there was at a block where some unwanted furniture was left blockin the stairway up.

i tink such act by those inconsiderate ppl shld be heavily punished.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe it's the act of the world class elites supporters. According to the last election results, there's a 44.2% chance it is.

i oso been there recently and same as u, i was very impressed at their maintainance work but it was tis instance tat spoiled the perfect image. there was at a block where some unwanted furniture was left blockin the stairway up.

i tink such act by those inconsiderate ppl shld be heavily punished.