• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP Sends Perm Sec And Former MP To Mediacorp To Make Mediacorp Great Again!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
mcorp-board-of-directors.jpg

SINGAPORE: Mediacorp on Tuesday (Oct 10) announced the appointment of Mr Pang Kin Keong and Mr Zainul Abidin Rasheed to its board of directors, effective immediately.

Mr Pang is Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Home Affairs. He is also a trustee of the Singapore Universities Trust and the Community Silver Trust, which was set up by the Government to provide matching grants for donations supporting the intermediate and long-term care sector in Singapore.

Mr Zainul, a former Member of Parliament, is Singapore's non-resident ambassador to Kuwait and the Foreign Minister's special envoy to the Middle East.

He is also a trustee of Nanyang Technological University, a director of Temasek Cares Foundation and a director of the National Volunteer and Philanthropy Centre.

"Zainul has a wealth of experience, having held prominent positions in government, public sector institutions and civic and community organisations. He is no stranger to the media industry, having spent two decades in senior journalistic roles in the private sector" said Mediacorp chairman Ernest Wong.

He added: "Kin Keong's career in the civil service is a long and illustrious one. He has also distinguished himself working at the board level of several organisations. We welcome both of them to our Mediacorp board and look forward to benefitting from their deep insights and diverse and extensive experience.”

On his part, Mr Pang said he is excited to join the board at a time when the company is transforming itself to stay relevant in the digital age.

"Mediacorp has a special place in our community, bringing people together and enriching their lives with its news and entertainment programmes and services," he said.

Mr Zainul, meanwhile, said Mediacorp has stayed relevant through reinventing its businesses and growing its integrated offerings.

He added: "I look forward to contributing alongside my fellow board members with their vast and differing experiences as the company continues to innovate to better serve a new generation.”

With the two new appointments, Mediacorp now has 11 directors on its board. They are:

Ernest Wong, chairman, Mediacorp

Tham Loke Kheng, CEO, Mediacorp

Niam Chiang Meng, chairman, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore

Pang Kin Keong, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs

Rajesh Sreenivasan, equity partner at Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP

Robin Hu, head, Sustainability and Stewardship Group, Temasek International

Roy Quek, executive chairman of Thomson Medical Group and executive director and group chief executive of TMC Life Sciences Group

Scott Anthony, managing partner, Innosight

Wong Su-Yen, CEO, Human Capital Leadership Institute

Yap Chee Keong, board director, Citibank Singapore

Zainul Abidin Rasheed, Singapore’s Ambassador to Kuwait (Non-Resident) and Foreign Minister’s special envoy to Middle East

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-keong-zainul-abidin-rasheed-to-board-9295086

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they should close Media Cock for good. It's a bloody waste of money and effort.
Tell me how by parachuting 2 men with no experience in media and TV industry help Media Cock, except let them continue draw astronomical salary ?

I can't figure out why ?

pakchewcheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they should close Media Cock for good. It's a bloody waste of money and effort.
Tell me how by parachuting 2 men with no experience in media and TV industry help Media Cock, except let them continue draw astronomical salary ?

I can't figure out why ?

You bodoh!

All they want is for their people and running dogs to laugh and laugh on way to banks. Anything else is irrelevant.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
After fucking up SMRT and the rest of the ministries with scholars and paper generals now they also want to fuck up mediacock with all these out of touch Jiak Liao bees.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can't figure out why ?

it's being run like a old folks hm, expired mps taking care of expired tv celebs

pakchewcheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tis cuntry's down fall will be on the hands of Scholars and Paper Generals.

BALLS!

Dont anyhow blame them.

Sinkies , all sinkies got a fucking big hand behind the downfall.

As they kept voting them in again and again and again as if there is not tomorrow.
Maggots in white are in power because the sinkies allow them to be in power.
Maggots in white are the maggots who put Scholars and Paper Generals to help them screw Singapore.

And now the outcome?

No fucking tomorrow for Sinkies for not standing up to the rubbish they being buried in and not having the balls to kick out the MIWs

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new mediacorps building at One North resembles a ship on a dry dock that going nowhere but waiting to rust. Very bad fengshui. And this is a reflection of the state of mediacorps now.

Mediacorps is good as dead. At the very least SPH is diversifying but mediacorp isn't.