• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP says have more children. How much are kindergarten fees?

Serpico

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > ST Forum > Online Story
Why the disparity in fees at various PCF kindergartens?

I RECENTLY chanced upon the Ministry of Education's website (www.moe.gov.sg/education/preschool/files/ kindergarten-profile.xls), which lists the monthly fees of kindergartens here.
Imagine my shock when I noticed the disparity in fees for different PAP Community Foundation (PCF) centres, which ranged from as low as $44.90 to a staggering $180.

I have a four-year-old daughter currently enrolled in nursery class in a PCF centre and we pay $130 monthly, excluding the fees for the optional speech and drama class.

For $130, we can effectively pay two months' worth of school fees in some other PCF centres. I believe that most of the centres offer a three-hour programme - except for some offering a two-hour programme - for nursery classes.

On what criteria are school fees decided and how different are the programmes in the various centres to justify higher school fees?

For those centres with a higher range of school fees, the amounts are close to, or even higher than, those at some private kindergartens, which also offer phonics lessons in their usual curriculum.

I believe that most Singaporean parents, like myself, enrol their children in PCF centres, as this is more affordable, especially in the current tough economic climate, and also because the centres are located near their homes.

I would appreciate any clarification on the above.

Jocelyn Tan (Ms)