• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP New Cooling Measures To Reduce Demand For Million Dollar HDB Flats!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
IMG-20240820-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20240820-WA0008.jpg

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Housing Board flats, which are subsidised by the Govt, are community properties sold under lease agreements that contain an assortment of rights that fall short of full ownership. This legal void leaves residents of HDB units with a great deal of limitations over their rights. Buyers who pay over $1 million for the remaining years on a flat on the resale market have purchased a ticking time bomb that will eventually revert to the HDB with no compensation for the owner. Such buyers are doing a huge disservice to their children.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol,even a couple.one is citizen n the other PR ,they still buy new hdb, or resale still drives up,n 2 PR couple can also buy resale,this is a stupid idea,lol,if they really.keen ask them to change policies ,Either one or both PR cannot buy hdb,n single PR no matter wat age cannot buy hdb,knn ask them implement this sure help

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Housing Board flats, which are subsidised by the Govt, are community properties sold under lease agreements that contain an assortment of rights that fall short of full ownership. This legal void leaves residents of HDB units with a great deal of limitations over their rights. Buyers who pay over $1 million for the remaining years on a flat on the resale market have purchased a ticking time bomb that will eventually revert to the HDB with no compensation for the owner. Such buyers are doing a huge disservice to their children.
People who paid a million or more for HDB probably came from selling their landed property. They wanted no less comfort after moving from land to pigeon hole, thus willing to invest in comfort, space and good views.

As for PR, many foreigners are wealthier than sinkies because their own government gave them plenty of opportuntity to thrive and earn big money in their vast country, thus they used Singapore as their 2nd home and paying a million dollar for pigeon hole is almost next to nothing to them.

PAP and their hypocrisy.

They jack up BTO prices, then claim to put in measures to lower prices. Talk about speaking out of both ends!
The impact of lowering the LTV limit will not affect first time buyers, because they can use the increase grant to cover the shortfall of 5% upfront cash.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the public cannot afford public housing then please donch call it public housing…

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still don’t understand why one is still allowed to borrow up to 75% of the value of the property.

A fair percentage would be 50%.
becos the average Sinkie is a pauper who can only afford a PMA or PMD. You will create a community of vagrants if you make things untenable. Already so many are living on credit to buy furniture etc. many more borrow from banks to renovate their huts. Don’t be fooled by the pictures of cosy scandi decor complete with a dog that ppl post on social media to show off. Many live in perpetual debt

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
becos the average Sinkie is a pauper who can only afford a PMA or PMD. You will create a community of vagrants if you make things untenable. Already so many are living on credit to buy furniture etc. many more borrow from banks to renovate their huts. Don’t be fooled by the pictures of cosy scandi decor complete with a dog that ppl post on social media to show off. Many live in perpetual debt
I know the gig was up when i learnt in my youth days that people are going to banks to borrow considerable amounts of money for house renovations. I was like wtf… no money to buy, no money to even decor your place?

It’s really a case of 打肿脸皮 充胖子
1724129966421.jpeg

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This PAP trick is so true.
Raise the price and then provide a subsidy.
Hee Hee.
Stupid Sinkies.
The right hand put a dollar in your pocket to show they care for you, then their left hand take your ten dollars to show they care for themselves. Your $9 deficit they blame you for not working hard enough to recover. How do you explain their obscene salary and your poverty?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
@JohnTan trying desperately to suck up and score points by posting this BS. But ended up having everyone exposing PAP deceit.
He should be disciplined and expelled by the party.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I repaid my HDB loan fully in just 7 years. No intention to sell or buy another one. So this stupid change in rule doesn't affect me.

Last edited: