• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP admits invited too many FTs in little red dot

vincenttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feeling like a sardine fish packed in a can? It is because for past years our garment has been inviting FTs into our tiny Red Dot.

Prices are high because there is demand by these FTs so we suffers!

PM Lee Speech:

I think Singaporeans understand why we need new immigrants and foreign workers. I think they accept the explanation intellectually but I think that they have some concerns. They are concerned about competition from the new arrivals, they are concerned about different cultures and habits between the new people and the older Singaporeans, they are unsettled by changes to the social landscape and also they worry about the relative treatment between citizens and PRs and non-citizens. I understand and empathise with these concerns. These are worries which have grown because there has been a large inflow of new arrivals in recent years. Why did it happen? Because the economy was booming, because we needed more workers and therefore, we admitted many more foreigners. In recent years, more than 100,000 a year. Most of them are transient foreign workers, here to work, not to strike roots. But we also have taken in more permanent residents and new citizens than previously. I think it is just as well that we push for maximum growth when the world was booming before the recent financial crisis and we made the maximum headway we could by bringing in the workers, by growing our economy and by accepting PRs and new citizens when we are in demand and people want to come and settle here.

:oIo: